Heading South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grump

Planning on taking off, hopefully by Sunday 9/27, destination Meadview and Lake Havasu AZ. Looking at a little different route, 93 has been good, did 95 couple of times, has anyone followed 78 from Nampa,ID to 51 and 225 to Elko? Got lots of fuel range and set up for boondocking so don?t need much, just good roads!

Guess no help from here, gonna do it, looks like a good route this time of year and hopefully do some nugget shooting with my detector, will update results!

I think that no one has replied because it is such an obscure route no one else has taken it. Personally I prefer Interstates for traveling. Usually can find Wifi, gas and refreshments.

I was on that road, many years back in my trucking days. We ran a load from Mountain Home to Austin, NV.
It was long and tedious, and a bit bouncy.
I doubt it has improved much in 40 years.
Good Luck. Come back and tell us how it went.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKvpth-tAY
i have been over it many times.my dads ranch was south of bruneau and my sister lived in mtn city but it has been to long for a real update it is desolate
with livestock running free range . i would take it but don't plan on setting any speed records

For some reason I've just seen this post. We haven't driven it but keen to hear what you thought.

Ok folks, did the route, if you are like me and enjoy a less traveled road without a bunch of trucks, this might be right up your alley! Maintained a steady 65 with tow, no problems. It is quite slow and windy between state line and Wildhorse reservoir tho, but only about 15 miles so take that part slow and enjoy one of the few flowing streams in Nevada! I spent the night at Wildhorse Rec area, 15.00, nice and quiet but a bit chilly next morning 33* so probably would not go there much later. From there straight shot to Elko, 64 miles. I then went 20 miles west to 278 to 50, then to Ely and spent 2 nights there where I went to Garnet Mountain for some nice stones, easy pickin?s! At final destination by Lake Havasu now, safe travels you all!

I don't anticipate ever being on that route, but always good to hear an update after the fact as it may be useful to others. Good job.

grump said:
Ok folks, did the route, if you are like me and enjoy a less traveled road without a bunch of trucks, this might be right up your alley! Maintained a steady 65 with tow, no problems. It is quite slow and windy between state line and Wildhorse reservoir tho, but only about 15 miles so take that part slow and enjoy one of the few flowing streams in Nevada! I spent the night at Wildhorse Rec area, 15.00, nice and quiet but a bit chilly next morning 33* so probably would not go there much later. From there straight shot to Elko, 64 miles. I then went 20 miles west to 278 to 50, then to Ely and spent 2 nights there where I went to Garnet Mountain for some nice stones, easy pickin?s! At final destination by Lake Havasu now, safe travels you all!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom