Hello Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UK-RV

Hello everyone - it's been a while.

Hope everyone is OK and still enjoying the lifestyle.

Whilst Ann-Marie and I haven't owned an RV for 5 years or so now, I do "pop-in" every now and again to catch-up (of course, there is always too much to catch up on lol)

We now own a 19-bed Hotel in Somerset, UK - and things have been going well for us since we purchased it in 2013. A proposed new Nuclear Reactor (if it EVER gets the final go ahead) will be a massive boost for us and we have plans for a further 6 bedrooms to cope with the extra business.

Anyway, enough about us - how is everyone doing?

Good to hear from you again, and nice to hear your hotel is doing well.

We are still spending our summers in the RV, escaping the Florida heat for cooler climes. Asheville, NC, this summer.

UK-RV said:
Hello everyone - it's been a while.

Hope everyone is OK and still enjoying the lifestyle.

Whilst Ann-Marie and I haven't owned an RV for 5 years or so now, I do "pop-in" every now and again to catch-up (of course, there is always too much to catch up on lol)

We now own a 19-bed Hotel in Somerset, UK - and things have been going well for us since we purchased it in 2013. A proposed new Nuclear Reactor (if it EVER gets the final go ahead) will be a massive boost for us and we have plans for a further 6 bedrooms to cope with the extra business.

Anyway, enough about us - how is everyone doing?

Hi, presume you have been RV'ing in the States at some point.  Any tips/advice from a fellow Brit for us Scots who are looking to spend 6 months of the year doing this?  Thanks  :D

Get the full B1 tourist Visa (interview at US Embassy)

I dont feel comfortable offering advice these days as it has been so long since we did it now - out of date info etc

UK-RV said:
Get the full B1 tourist Visa (interview at US Embassy)

I dont feel comfortable offering advice these days as it has been so long since we did it now - out of date info etc

Hi, yes we have our interview on Wednesday - bit nervous about saying something they don't like but hopefully all will be well.

I'm sure we'll find our way. We've been getting lots of great feedback to our queries from this forum. It's fantastic how helpful and generous people are with their time and knowledge - so glad I joined. I'm on another 2 forums but this one seems the best. Fun and informative and people seem to express their views without folks getting upset.

Hope your hotel gets lots of custom. Nuclear ain't popular but is definitely what's needed. Good luck!

This Forum is invaluable - Ive been on quite a few (and many in the UK) and I can assure you the folks on here are all really genuine and only too pleased to help you.

Be sure to stick around though, as far too many take the info and vanish; only to appear again when they have the next question.

This forum is like a family and is to be treasured.

UK-RV said:
Be sure to stick around though, as far too many take the info and vanish; only to appear again when they have the next question.

This forum is like a family and is to be treasured.

Don't worry I plan to. I love the humour and I'm sure a regular check in will keep me informed on things we hadn't thought of. I've already seen lots of stuff, like pest control, that I would never have thought of unless it happened. It's a good thing to be as proactive as you can be to get the most out of our trips.  No doubt we'll have some unplanned for events but we'll enjoy it all the same!  :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom