Hello from London England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gavolt

Ladies and Gents just wanted to say a big hello from London England.
My family and I have just purchased a Winnebago Brave 2002. We are loving the two weeks that we have owned it so far and are very much looking forward to our future adventures.
Regrettably..... on our way back from the seaside yesterday evening the right hand indicator stopped flashing when I was turning right. It just stayed on permanently. Whatsmore the other panel lights started flashing when I put the headlights on. I assumed that a bulb has blown or something to that effect. Now this morning the left flasher works and the right also works but the right break light also flashes to. I know that in the US this is normal but in the UK it is not legal for your breaklight to flash and work as an indicator. 
Apologies but may I trouble any of you and ask whether anybody has suffered the same symptoms. As somebody who only joined this forum five minutes ago I feel rather guilty burdening you with this.
Thanks in advance.
Best wishes.

???

Please don't feel that you're a burden; That's exactly why we're here.

One of our technical experts should be along shortly.

I think it may be a bad earth (Ground) not sure how you would track down. I think I would start with the negative battery terminal and go from there. Some people here should be able to give you better advise.
By the way  I am a Londoner living in the USA.
Steve

A bad ground would have been my guess too, but I don't know if your coach came from the factory with separate brake/turn signals, or if someone added a "converter". I figured I'd move the discussion here to where Winnebago folks hang out and get Winnebago-specific replies.

Hi Gavolt and welcome.  London is our favorite large city - we love going to the theater in the West End.

A bad ground can cause all sorts of weird problems, tracking it down is easier with a wiring diagram.  Check the easy things first - check each bulb with an ohmmeter and make sure each filament is good.  I know a bad multifunction arm/stalk/lever (the 'blinker' lever) on the steering column can cause bizarre turn signal and brake light problems.  Maybe the flasher thingy itself is bad.

Let's see what other advice you get.

Gavolt
Welcome! I went to school in 1959 at the Upper Hayford AFB  (spell check please) as my dad was Air Force there. Enjoyed the area. As for your electrical problem lay on the ground under the rig and look up at the chassiee on the driver side, Port side as I remember you folks drive on the other side. The side with the steering wheel. I don't think you will find this stud under the bonnet (hood) but Near the front under the rig you should see a stud that has been welded to the frame with a nut on it with a bunch of white wires on it. Mine (nut) was less than hand tight! I can't begin to tell you the problems it caused including the backup camera switching to all three different cameras (cykling) (spell check again) back and forth. I hope this helps Art in Mobile

Gavolt, I agree pretty much with what was said above but I believe I would look in the rear of the coach, specifically on the right side for a bad ground. It sounds as though the right turn signal in the rear is trying to get a ground back through the brake light rather than to the chassis ground.

Also, take a good look at the right turn signal bulbs themselves.  Sometimes one of the filiments will break and drop down on another filiment in the bulb and cause feedback, causing all kinds of weird problems.

Some bulbs have two filiments, one for the brake light and one for the tail light or parking light circuits.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone - completely overwhelmed by your generosity and trouble - will check all these things out as suggested. Best, Henry

Gavolt, Welcome!  London is one of our favorite cities.  I'm curious, is your Winne a US version left side driver and if so, how do you find navigating the roads in the UK?

Hi there it is a left hooker - but the visibility is so amazing I do not find it difficult at all. Funny enough I am dreading driving it on the continent !!! As is the fact that I am nearest the kirb gives me a point on the dash to line up on which helps keep me well placed on the road. Only owned her two weeks and already on my way to Galicia from London via Calais !!!! Heeeelp !!! Thanks for all hour help and advice by the way. Best wishes, Henry
PS don't know why I am referring to the winne as 'her' .... !!

I know you are all with bated breath re my electrical problem after fitting a seven pin UK lx socket for lighting board as opposed to the US six pin. If anyone does so what ever you do you MUST make sure you earth separately as opposed to through the socket. Only took five hours and eventually got is sorted. Although this morning having worked perfectly all day the flashers were again not working - hazard fuse had blown - it is supposed to be 15 amp but tech guy changed it to 20 as he thinks ..... that having the lighting board may have increased the ampage.
Now setting off to a festival in Suffolk with motorbike on back - please pray for me !!!
Have a good w/e one and all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom