Hello From North Carolina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TarheelRambler

I actually made my first post in the Newbie folder, looking for suggestions in checking out a used travel trailer. That worked out well, and I'm the proud owner of a 2004 Sun Valley Road Runner 13' travel trailer. I set out to get a pop up that I planned to use camping once a month with friends who camp one weekend each month. My wife is not a fan of camping, but she suggested I get something a little "nicer" than the ten year old pop up I had my eye on. So, that's how I ended up with the Road Runner.

I'm very excited, and hope that over time I can get my wife more and more involved. The Road runner is not anything fancy, but it's a good place to start and it's a perfect size to pull with my 2003 Chevy S10 ZR2 pickup. The first outing with my group of friends is next weekend, and we will be camping at Meadows of Dan, Virginia.

A little about us, we are in our 50s, trying to stay employed in the information technology industry for about 10 more years before we retire. I am an amateur photographer and you can check out some of my work at Tarheel Ramblings Photos. We have several cats and a dog, Maggie. The cats will be staying at home taking care of things when we go camping, but Maggie will be joining us. She's small enough that there will be enough room in the bed for her too!  ;)

Looking forward to getting to know folks here. Thanks to those who offered suggestions on my original post.

Welcome to the RV Forum and thanks for joining us.  Please look around, ask questions, check out the library, and join in on any of the on going discussions.

Congratulations on the Roadrunner.

Hi Lee. Congratulations on the TT. I'm sure you, the wife, and Maggie will enjoy your travels and camping adventures.

Enjoy
Wendy

I'm going to Meadows of Dan, VA this weekend with a group I started camping with over Memorial Day. They go camping one weekend a month for ten months out of the year. Over Memorial Day, I was in a tent, so everyone should be surprised. Here's a picture of the Road Runner in case you're getting eyestrain trying to see the picture in the avatar.  :D

Attachments

• Road Runner TT.jpg
    Road Runner TT.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 19
Nice.  Looks easy to pull and for weekending, it should be comfortable.

Nice to see another tarheel on here (Concord, near Charlotte) since while these left coast and western folk are nice and are friendly, some home folk around the place is nice. ;D

Thank you, Newt. Yes, it is very easy to pull. I had my first trip last weekend, and it handled like a dream.

I'm happy to see other Tarheels here as well. I'm in the Raleigh area. We were in the Concord area back in March, visiting some of the NASCAR garages. My wife and I are both fans. We will probably make another trip down in the fall. I'm thinking we'll pull the camper down and save on hotel expenses.

Welcome, and congrats on the camper, Lee (Tarheelrambler).

I'm from Raleigh myself, so we have a few folks from the area on this forum.  I think I've discerned from some of Newt's posts that he, you and I are all either ex or current IT folks.  I'm retired IBM, myself. 

We have a motorhome that we use for travel now that I'm fully retired, but we also still have an old Coleman pop-up that we love to use for "camping". 

Enjoy your new trailer and let us know how the trips go.  lou

BTW - my pop-up has been to Charlotte Motor Speedway more times than I can count.

I'm a contractor with Grumman working the Data Center at a major factory in Concord and will be retiring within the next year to go full time.  I live about 15 minutes from the Lowe's Motor Speedway.  By the next NASCAR race, they will have added a NHRA drag strip right next to the dirt track across from the Speedway so that we will have places for most any style of racing other than a road course.

I do work in the IT industry. I'm a project manager for EDS, soon to be Hewlett-Packard. This is actually my fourth career.  I worked in the agricultural feed industry for over ten years, worked as a Youth Minister for over ten years and then started with EDS back in 1998 during the Y2K push. I was trained as a COBOL programmer and eventually ended up in project management.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone, and look forward to sharing news and views here in the forum.

Back
Top Bottom