HELLO TO ALL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travlingman

HI,I AM NEW TO THE RV FORUM. CALL ME THE TRAVLINGMAN. I AM THINKING OF PURCHASING MY FIRST RV SO YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME WITH QUITE A FEW QUESTIONS. ANY AND ALL HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Welcome aboard.  I'm sure that you get lots of advise on which RV to buy here.  Good luck on your purchase.

Welcome.  We can call you the soon to be traveling man for now :)

What type of RV are you thinking of?  Motorized?  Pull behind?

INTERESTED IN A MOTORHOME, NO LONGER THAN 25 FEET. LOOKING INTO A PLEASUREWAY 2013 PURSUIT, GASOLINE GENERATOR, BED OVER CAB MODEL, ABOUT 23 FEET LONG. ALSO LIKE THE WINNEBAGO VIEW PROFILE 24V OR THE ITASCA NAVION IQ 24V WITH THE TWIN BEDS. BUT HARD TO FIND THEM WITH THE COMFORT SOFA SLEEPER AND THE DIESEL GENERATOR OPTIONS. AND I HEAR THAT THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE MERCEDES BENZ MOTORS, EGR SENSORS, TURBO CONNECTORS AND OTHERS.

It would seem that many of those small diesel powered MH like Mercedes based ones have a propane hungry generator, maybe because of the weight, rather than a diesel fuel powered one. I think most gasoline powered units would have a gasoline powered generator but YMMV.

I have not seen/heard about 'many' problems on these engines but I do know of one, and I cannot think of the name of the part right now,  but the original was made of plastic and failed easily. There is an aftermarket metal replacement available though. I believe that the older Dodge Sprinter chassis used a smaller engine than the present Mercedes ones (5 cylinder vs 6 cylinder engine ?).

travellingman: please loose the capital letters, it is considered shouting by many using forums like this!! Oh, and Welcome to the group!!!

Sorry, I apologize to all for using caps. New to this email stuff, but I believe I had heard about this means of SHOUTING via email and forgot about it when I began using email. Thanks for the reply about the MB Sprinter vans.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom