Help me make the deal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shayne said:
Try is as is for a while    You might change and not like what you did.  We prefer the booth  You can't sit and play cards or read on the chairs but you can in the booth.  Some people prefer not to ride up front of on the couch.  JMO

Good advice. Experience is needed. We have the both in our Bounder and hate it - will never have another. It is not that a booth is bad it is just not for us or the way we live. Same goes for a dedicated oven, ours has never been touched other than as another storage space. And a second wash basin in the bedroom? Not for us.

But then I do like tuna fish sandwiches on toasted raisin bread - want to make somethin' of it? :)

Dexter

Dexter said:
But then I do like tuna fish sandwiches on toasted raisin bread - want to make somethin' of it? :)

That sounds ALMOST as good as grilled cheese sandwich with peanut butter and jelly on it.  Now now don't knock till you tried it.

You can get tables made at local cabinet shops or buy them from rv furniture dealers like Bradd & Hall (www.braddandhall.com). RV salvage and surplus places often have them too - there's one in Elkhart, IN that often has surplus stuff from the many Rv manufacturers in that area. See www.rvsurplussalvage.com\

If you put in your own, remember that the chairs should be tied down in some way when traveling - they have a nasty habit of flying through the air during sudden stops/swerves or the unexpected dip in the road. A simple strap to the chair leg may be sufficient to keep it from crashing into the driver.

Ron said:
That sounds ALMOST as good as grilled cheese sandwich with peanut butter and jelly on it.  Now now don't knock till you tried it.

Who says men don't get pregnant?

Dexter

Ok, after much surfing around I found one company that has what I'm looking for.  They are even going to send me some wood so I can match the stain.
I really don't mind keeping the booths because like everyone said, I wouldn't want to loose the storage.  It's just the fold down table that's ugly.  And yes, it does fold down, but we don't need the extra space for sleeping.  However, this company said the table still attaches to the wall of the TT, it just won't fold flat for sleeping. 

Here is a picture of what I was thinking of getting.
http://www.customwoodinc.com/item--EZ-Lift-Table--EZ-Lift+Table
Ha Ha!  I better get the Trailer first.  Can't wait till Dec. 1st.
Has anyone see any of their products?

The EZ Lift is a very small table (24 x 26), with room for a couple plates and that's about it. Even if you never have a guest, you will be hard pressed to place serving dishes on it while eating dinner. Maybe not a problem for you, but measure your current table and think about it.  Some of the other RV furniture offerings on that site would be a better choice, in my opinion.

You can re-use your existing table hardware and just have a new top made, with one leg like the EZ Lift style. Any cabinet shop could whip that up for you in no time.

Your right Gary, I didn't think about how small the table was.  Good idea about find a cabinet maker, keeping the hardware and just having another top and leg made.  Now, if I can just find someone in this small town. ???

Village RV called yesterday to remind me about our walk through on Dec. 1st.  Like I would forget that!  I'm counting down the days, hours and minutes.  ;D

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

More later as the time gets closer to our walk through......

Lowes and Home Depot stock butcher block style boards that might be suitable for a table top. They are unfinished, so you would have to stain yourself. If I recall correctly, they are about 1" thick and made of boards that are edge-glued together. They come in a coupe widths, maybe up to around 24 inches.  If needed you could put two together and glue and screw a cross bar underneath. A cabinet maker (even an amateur one) could do a much nicer job, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom