Help Wanted Space X Apply Within

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Punching someone also isn't free speech. That's battery, and potentially assault.
I'm assuming you've never been in a bar fight. No one presses charges against a guy for punching them after they call his girlfriend wh***. Because we're adults.

I'm assuming you've never been in a bar fight. No one presses charges against a guy for punching them after they call his girlfriend wh***. Because we're adults.

You would be wrong. But I'm trying to understand what point you are trying to make?

You would be wrong. But I'm trying to understand what point you are trying to make?
My point - you may call it "assault", or "battery", but to common sense adults like myself if I say something that I know is going to truly offend you or someone you care deeply about (not just some wishy-washy trigger word) and you take a poke at me because of it, I have no true call to press charges against you because I provoked the response. Pretty simple concept. Don't call my girl a wh***, and I won't swell up your lip.

My point - you may call it "assault", or "battery", but to common sense adults like myself if I say something that I know is going to truly offend you or someone you care deeply about (not just some wishy-washy trigger word) and you take a poke at me because of it, I have no true call to press charges against you because I provoked the response. Pretty simple concept. Don't call my girl a wh***, and I won't swell up your lip.

What does this have to do with free speech? And who called your “girl” a lady of the evening?

If I were an astronaut for the Artemis project I would be having second thoughts about it.
I think they’re realistically nowhere close to the manned flight dates they’ve projected. I heard some estimates that it’s more likely 5 or 6 years out as opposed to the two.

Well
It’s shocking that so many people have fundamental misunderstanding of the US Constitution and what Free Speech is and isn’t. What did these folks learn in school?
The US government cannot pass any legislation impacting freedom of speech. Any individual has the right to limit free speech. This website is perfectly legal to limit freedom of speech on this site.

"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Well

The US government cannot pass any legislation impacting freedom of speech. Any individual has the right to limit free speech. This website is perfectly legal to limit freedom of speech on this site.

"Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

That’s why the Elon takeover of Twitter is such a joke. He did it under the guise of “free speech”, as in, to make it more free, somehow. And he limits what people can say, takes things down which he doesn’t like. And he has every right to. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a douchebag and that the place hasnt turned into a spambot hellhole.

Anyway, back to space talk.

I think they’re realistically nowhere close to the manned flight dates they’ve projected. I heard some estimates that it’s more likely 5 or 6 years out as opposed to the two.
Generally, manned space flights are a very, very inefficient/wasteful way to explore the universe. Manned flights are designed to excite lay people, influence global political credibility/power struggles and/or increase investments in bogus "star wars" fantasies, which have turned into extreme amusement park rides. Is there a place for manned flights...yes but they should be limited. The engineering gains are modest at best in a recycled moonshot. Don't believe and parrot the SpaceX press releases. Again, what is the scientific purpose/reason (or any purpose/reason) for sending people to the moon again???

Generally, manned space flights are a very, very inefficient/wasteful way to explore the universe. Manned flights are designed to excite lay people, influence global political credibility/power struggles and/or increase investments in bogus "star wars" fantasies, which have turned into extreme amusement park rides. Is there a place for manned flights...yes but they should be limited. The engineering gains are modest at best in a recycled moonshot. Don't believe and parrot the SpaceX press releases. Again, what is the scientific purpose/reason (or any purpose/reason) for sending people to the moon again???
The purpose is to establish a moon base as a jumping off place for trips to Mars. It is his money and he can spend it however he sees fit. Musk is attempting to radically reduce the cost of going into space.

The purpose is to establish a moon base as a jumping off place for trips to Mars. It is his money and he can spend it however he sees fit. Musk is attempting to radically reduce the cost of going into space.

For billionaires.

Hey, I like science fiction too but really??? Why would anyone want to go the Mars?
I would love to go to Mars and so would millions of other people. We have 8 billion people on a planet that realistically should have about 1 billion people. We are literally screwing ourselves off the planet. If it continues at the current rate we will all be standing on each other's shoulders in less than 100 years. And there is the possibility of a nuclear war wasting large sections (if not all sections) of the planet and making it impossible to live here. It will be nice to have a plan B. But since you don't want to go you can stay here and have the whole place to yourself.

Actually I have been to Mars dozens of times, at Disney World. It is one of the most popular rides. I would leave tomorrow for the real Mars If I thought I could get away from the overly argumentative people on this forum. Too many trolls here.

I would love to go to Mars and so would millions of other people. We have 8 billion people on a planet that realistically should have about 1 billion people. We are literally screwing ourselves off the planet. If it continues at the current rate we will all be standing on each other's shoulders in less than 100 years. And there is the possibility of a nuclear war wasting large sections (if not all sections) of the planet and making it impossible to live here. It will be nice to have a plan B. But since you don't want to go you can stay here and have the whole place to yourself.
Going to the moon or Mars won't fix any of our earthly problems, it will just give us another place to screw up. Why don't billionaires try to fix hunger, homelessness, or similar issues? There's no money in it for them or their stockholders.

Going to the moon or Mars won't fix any of our earthly problems, it will just give us another place to screw up. Why don't billionaires try to fix hunger, homelessness, or similar issues? There's no money in it for them or their stockholders.
Both Gates and both Bezos are doing just that.

"The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is the second-largest charitable organization in the world by assets, with an endowment worth nearly $70 billion. Through the foundation, Gates has reportedly donated more than $50 billion since 1994 to eradicate diseases, promote education, and advance gender equality."

"Last year, Bezos gave away $122.2 million and has pledged around $12.8 billion in charitable donations, according to The Chronicle of Philanthropy. His mother, Jacklyn Bezos, and her husband Miguel, gifted $710 million to the Seattle-based Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in 2022."

"The couple, who have four children together, had their divorce finalized in July 2019. The $38 billion settlement kicked off MacKenzie Scott's journey into charitable giving.

Just two months before her divorce, Scott had signed the Giving Pledge initiative, committing to giving away half her wealth.

In 2022 alone, Scott donated almost $2 billion to 343 organizations.

She topped that in 2023, with almost $2.2 billion worth of grants donated to 360 organizations."

And I bet Donald did not donate a penny to anyone. He has rallies every week when he bags for money and millions of dollars are donated to him.

Last edited:
I would go to Mars. No hesitation. It's what we do. We explore. We stand on the shore and wonder what lies across. We look to the stars and we wonder. One might think that anyone that has the desire to own an RV and go exploring their own country and world would also have that same mindset to want to explore other worlds given the opportunity. But maybe not.

In the meantime, ponder this;

Why did the chicken cross the road?

How could he not? The adrenaline rush he got from dodging the trucks blew the cholesterol out of his arteries and, for a few intense seconds, he forgot everything else... all his petty troubles. It was a scary moment but pulling it off for the first time left him with a thrilling memory that would bring him pleasure for years to come. Oh.. he'd trained for it, learning about trucks, the air currents underneath them, why they changed course or speed, and how they worked. And he'd watched for a while, talked to the other road dashers, and then made his first crossing facing a slow moving truck on a narrow road. He progressed to wider roads and faster trucks, and eventually even groups of trucks. Some of the old chickens said he was crazy risking his neck on bare scorching asphalt. But he knew some of them secretly dug it and admired him for his courage. But that was not the main appeal of the dash. It was assessing the risk properly, preparing for it, dealing with the unexpected problems, and making it to the other side with his feathers intact.

The old chickens could never understand, but he never understood how they could lead lives completely devoid of the thrill of the risk.

And that is why the chicken crossed the road.

And that is why I would go to Mars.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom