Hop,Skip Jump Rally 09 Daily Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fun continues.

This was our first full day at Bryce Canyon, one of the most scenic places we have ever visited! After a full day of sightseeing through the park we had a potluck tonight.

The weather has been beautiful.

Attachments

• Bryce Canyon Park (Small).JPG
    Bryce Canyon Park (Small).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Bryce Canyon Panorama 2 (Small).jpg
    Bryce Canyon Panorama 2 (Small).jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Bryce Canyon Potluck (Small).JPG
    Bryce Canyon Potluck (Small).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 40
May 7,   2009
We celebrated Ardra Fitzgeralds birthday today as we loaded up with carbs at our potluck  for our big hike tomorrow.  Several slept in late, or toured  the end of Bryce Canyons by driving the 21 mile to the end  and hiking at the overlooks.  We then stopped at view points along the way back.  Each  point inspired us and we wowed and ahhed over natures beauty.  In one of my photos you can see Terry tip toe-ing through the snow at  about  9100 feet.  You will see what we do when  site seeing. 

Jeff Cousins won 2 awards tonight.  Plunger for for leaving his front door to motorhome open all night during cold weather (Actually Sue had the crappy night as a result of being so cold)  and Care Bear for all the time he spent on the roof of Russ' roof fixing satellite stuff.

Our favorite Mimi won the Chicken award for doing something silly. As Chris drove the motorhome through the  Zion tunnel, Mimi  followed in the tow Car.  She didn't remember how to turn on the headlights in her car so she had to follow Chris closely  to see by the light of his   tail lights.  She also wore her sunglasses which makes a very dark tunnel..  Only Mims!!!

Tomorrow is expected to be beautiful again.  Perfect weather sure helps at  a rally !!
Betty

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
    IMG_0549.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 53
Utah is an amazing state. How lucky you guys are to be hanging out at one of the most beautiful areas in the country with some of the greatest people around. Wish we were there.

Wendy

In honor of the Pot Luck we made beef stew last night.  Guiness Beef Stew.  No potatoes in the stew, you make a bowl of mashed potatoes on the plate and fill with the stew.  The Guiness marinates and tenderizes the beef.  The gravy is dark and it is wonderful.  Next time. 

I was going to take a picture, but with the excess Guiness that had been opened that I had to properly dispose of, well, I guess I forgot.

Jerry & Adra led Terry & Betty, Don & Mary Ann, & Jeff on the Sunset to Sunrise walk today.  Very easy & only took 2 3/4 hrs including lunch.

Attachments

• Sunset to Sunrise 03 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 03 (Small).JPG
    69 KB · Views: 44
  • Sunset to Sunrise 05 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 05 (Small).JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Sunset to Sunrise 13 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 13 (Small).JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Sunset to Sunrise 15 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 15 (Small).JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Sunset to Sunrise 40 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 40 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Sunset to Sunrise 42 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 42 (Small).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Sunset to Sunrise 45 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 45 (Small).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Sunset to Sunrise 49 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 49 (Small).JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Sunset to Sunrise 61 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 61 (Small).JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Sunset to Sunrise 66 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 66 (Small).JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Sunset to Sunrise 71 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 71 (Small).JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Sunset to Sunrise 90 (Small).JPG
    Sunset to Sunrise 90 (Small).JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 41
Today (Friday) we took the Navajo Trail down into the canyon and the Queens Garden Trail back up.  It was about 3 miles with an elevation gain of 520 feet.  Attached are four panorama photos of the views at Bryce Canyon and the Hikers.

JerryF

Attachments

• Sunset Point.JPG
    Sunset Point.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Sunrise Point.JPG
    Sunrise Point.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Inspiration Point.JPG
    Inspiration Point.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Bryce Point.JPG
    Bryce Point.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Hikers.jpg
    Hikers.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 46
PancakeBill said:
In honor of the Pot Luck we made beef stew last night.  Guiness Beef Stew.  No potatoes in the stew, you make a bowl of mashed potatoes on the plate and fill with the stew.  The Guiness marinates and tenderizes the beef.  The gravy is dark and it is wonderful.  Next time. 

I was going to take a picture, but with the excess Guiness that had been opened that I had to properly dispose of, well, I guess I forgot.

Sounds like we need the recipe posted for those of us not there to enjoy it.  :D

It sounds like you're having a great time.  I wish we were there.  Maybe next time.  Keep sending the pictures.  Betty and I really enjoy them.

Here are a few more photos from the Navajo Trail. The first shows how we ended up with all the pics. ;D

Terry says it's impossible to take bad shots here.

Attachments

• Bryce Canyon Photo Shot-1 (Small).JPG
    Bryce Canyon Photo Shot-1 (Small).JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop 2 (Small).JPG
    Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop 2 (Small).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Bryce CAnyon Navajo Loop 3 (Small).JPG
    Bryce CAnyon Navajo Loop 3 (Small).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop 6 (Small).JPG
    Bryce Canyon Navajo Loop 6 (Small).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Bryce Canyon navajo Loop 6-1 (Small).JPG
    Bryce Canyon navajo Loop 6-1 (Small).JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Bryce Canyon Pan 7 (Small).jpg
    Bryce Canyon Pan 7 (Small).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 42
What a bunch of great photos.  Jerry, you are to be congratulated for posting the panorama shots.  Those that have not been there can really appreciate the enormity of the place.

The hiking through Navajo Loop Trails and  Queens Garden was spectacular.  We met a ranger along the way who gave us " a talk."  I learned it was Jimmy Carter who nominated  so many of  our National Parks.  We  saw evidence of how hearty some pinetrees can be , growing up through cracks in the walls to get the light.  We noted Terry stopping by a gnarled tree, resting on his " old Geezer" walking stick which was a gift from Fred and Daisy and it assisted him through the day. 

The evening awards went to Don for having a black water tank problem and that does make for a crappy day.  The ensuing conversation on how he got to the problem was typical RV Forum when all conversations eventually lead to black water stories.  So as  to not provide TMI I shall leave it at that.

Daisy got the silly chicken award as she and Fred forgot about happy hour entirely and had to be reminded to attend.  Jerry received the Care Bear award as he actually did not exaggerate the difficulty of the  hike today by too much.

We leave to Torrey and Capital Reef this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.JPG
    IMG_0616.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0612.JPG
    IMG_0612.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0644.JPG
    IMG_0644.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 47
May 9, 2009
The JUMP part of our rally has begun.  We traveled around 115 miles to Thousand Lakes RV Park, 8 miles from Capitol Reef.  Some  took the longer way. I was not sure how moving the  rally 3 times might work but this has been  an easy going group who loves everything we do.

We held a Social Hour tonight  between 2 of our coaches, to plan the few days we have here.  We will celebrate Mother's Day with omelette's in a bag in the morning with Jeff as the chef. Don N and  Dean S ordered fresh muffins from the park for our morning treat too.

Awards were presented as follows:   Linda  distributed the recipe for her Pineapple /cherry cobbler (a potluck favorite)   but she forgot to  add pineapple as an ingredient, so she holds silly Chicken.  Don Miller was a second time winner of Care Bear  for assisting Jerry  with his datastorm user map information .  Don thought Jerry should get it back for helping him with his satellite again.  There are a few trees here in the way.  Fred holds the  Plunger award for his bad day   beginning with his sewer hose issue.  First time in many years of  RVing that the sewer process did not go as planned.  Seems Daisy kicked the hose loose from fitting just prior to Fred's release of the  black water  dump valve.  Good thing he had fast reflexes.  But close neighbors see it all.  You can run but you can't hide in this Forum group! 
Stay tuned for our Jump activities!

Attachments

• IMG_0682.JPG
    IMG_0682.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 43
That's the framily - easy going, ready for anything. Maybe this is a good way to see where you might want to hold next spring's rally? Or do it again next spring to see how it works a second time.

Shouldn't Daisy have got the plunger award for kicking the sewer hose loose??

Wendy

Wendy said:
Shouldn't Daisy have got the plunger award for kicking the sewer hose loose??

Wendy,

Don Nesbitt, very carefully and  graciously asked before he presented the award, "Who had had a bad day?"  No response from the group.  He waited , looked around and then announced his recipient, he wanted to  present it as a team to both Fred and Daisy , but our great guy,  Fred, Jumped up and claimed ownership of this  blue job. Thanks for asking!

Betty

Wendy, it was a mutual award, but I must say, in my defense, that I tried to warn him that I may have dislodged it, but he pulled the lever at the same time I was warning him.  It's that "woman's voice" he >occasionally< fails to hear.  ::)  ::)  ;D

We both really blame it on the badly mangled sewer pipe that was so bad we couldn't screw our hose into it the proper way.  I must say that in all our years of RVing, I can't remember another incident of that nature, so I guess our time was due.  We have always held Joe Lacey supreme in that catagory and have tried NOT to emulate him.  We came close, but he is still the champ..... ;D :D

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom