How about wood on your slide?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ernie Ekberg said:
every piece of flooring will scratch- not if- but when. Don;t mess with what the factory made- get some pieces of luxury vinyl planks and have the slide come in over those.
Those are super slick and a whole lot cheaper then those high dollar slide slickers

Naturally, any flooring surface will scratch.  The wood floors in our old stick house were soft and scratched easily. 

I feel that it would be short sighted for me to install a brand new floor that would immediately get scratched and gouged by the slide movement.  Since plenty of people (here and on other forums) do it, then can I assume everyone uses some kind of protection on the floor?  If so, I would like more details!  The "slide slicker" and vinyl plank options sound like the way to go.

From what I have read elsewhere, the slide can be adjusted so that the unit glides 'up' slightly instead of flat across the floor.  Perhaps this is counter-intuitive, as the design of my slide seems to rely on the carpet for support.  I don't see any other way for it to operate, here again necessitating protection on the floor.

If your rig has slides that rest on the main floor, then, yes, you would have to add some material that would enable the slide to glide over the main floor. I always experiment with a piece of flooring material, not adhered, to see how the slide will impact the new material. Some folks can adjust their slides from what the factory has them originally. But I'm not about to put a wrench on any slide mechanism.

Back
Top Bottom