How do you get those black streaks off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
UPDATE:  I did not know I had some spray black streak and bug remover I bought years ago for the RV.  It worked just fine spraying it on and using a white rag.  Got all the black off.

Thanks for the great forum

Awesome Orange from the Dollar Store works like magic on black streaks, and it doesn't burn your skin like Black Streak Remover does.  A good cleaner wax works ok but takes more elbow grease.

If you keep your roof clean you won't get as many black streaks.

I also put a clothespin on all of my gutter spouts. They keep most of the water off the side of the rig thereby eliminating much of the black streaks.

After reading all the suggestion here I tried these as a test on the same day, same conditions, on my TT that is aluminum corrigated sides (not the smooth fibergass). I scrubbed quickly with a stiff bristle brush, imagining doing the entire side of the camper. We can call it the "Elbow Grease Factor". Lined up in order left to right of best results for MY enviroment.

* NOTE* The top hitter was a "white elephant" gift I won that was a piss-poor working chem on actual wheel brake dust remover but worked great on the TT. Some of the name brands may be too harsh to use as I have had them etch aluminum wheels in the past. Hope I can find more of this stuff.. Holey crap my TT has a shine under all that grime! Before pic as an example and last is the test showing the bottom two rows.
YMMV.

Attachments

• IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts