I know more than anybody about...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know more about anything than Google.  Believe me.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
With help from my friend Google, I know more than anybody about most everything...  ;)

Now that....... IS TRUTH.

I have had people tell me "You can't possibly know everything you claim to know"
To which I reply.. True. but I know GOOGLE.

Definition of an expert ... someone who knows just a little bit more about the subject than you do.

I know enough that I can do most repairs on my vehicle, RV, and home without having to hire an expensive handyman.

A couple of months ago, I had a leak on a water T-fitting.  A quick run to the hardware store for a couple of Pex shark fittings and 20 minutes of time that included a beer, got the job done.  My neighbor in my campground just paid $220 for a similar repair caused by freeze damage to his motorhome.  I just can't afford to know less than the repairman based on his minimum $90 charge to just look at a problem.  At the same time, another neighbor paid about the same amount of money to replace a bad sail switch on his new motorhome; at least he will be reimbursed under warranty.

Do I know it all?  Nope, nobody does but I know enough to have the satisfaction of fixing most stuff by myself.  Wish I new how to weld, do autobody work to include spray paint but am saving to learn those skills when I retire.

wmtired said:
I know enough that I can do most repairs on my vehicle, RV, and home without having to hire an expensive handyman.

A couple of months ago, I had a leak on a water T-fitting.  A quick run to the hardware store for a couple of Pex shark fittings and 20 minutes of time that included a beer, got the job done.  My neighbor in my campground just paid $220 for a similar repair caused by freeze damage to his motorhome.  I just can't afford to know less than the repairman based on his minimum $90 charge to just look at a problem.  At the same time, another neighbor paid about the same amount of money to replace a bad sail switch on his new motorhome; at least he will be reimbursed under warranty.

Do I know it all?  Nope, nobody does but I know enough to have the satisfaction of fixing most stuff by myself.  Wish I new how to weld, do autobody work to include spray paint but am saving to learn those skills when I retire.
Wait until your body says, "No!" Eventually, it will take you all day to do what you used to do all day (or night). There are few things I haven't tackled myself over the years, but now...eyes that need high intensity light and still have trouble because the bifocals are never where they need to be...shoulders and/or knees that argue with you...hands and fingers that have lost their sensitivity. I have reached the point where I either pay someone or it just doesn't get done and it is a terrible feeling to realize you just can't do it anymore.

I knew a person that got his thumb  cut off.

And yep, another person naturally had  to one up  me and  knew someone that got their  hand cut off, and  yep,  of course someone knew someone that had their WHOLE arm cut off..............

Cool!

ziplock said:
I knew a person that got his thumb  cut off.

And yep, another person naturally had  to one up  me and  knew someone that got their  hand cut off, and  yep,  of course someone knew someone that had their WHOLE arm cut off..............

Cool!

I saw a head w/o a body walking around Philadelphia last week.

Oldgator73 said:
I saw a head w/o a body walking around Philadelphia last week.

Your not supposed to be in Philadelphia...you still got warrants up there.

Molaker, I hear you loud and clear. My ol bod just won't cooperate any more, I get down and dirty but can't get up. Even changing a tire is a life threatening endeavour.

Roy M said:
Molaker, I hear you loud and clear. My ol bod just won't cooperate any more, I get down and dirty but can't get up. Even changing a tire is a life threatening endeavour.

Your doing better than me if you can get down. I had knee replacement last August and still have not recovered. My good knee is now worse than the replaced one. These golden years really suck. Now that I finally have the funds to do the things I always wanted to do, my body will not let me do those things.

Gizmo100 said:
True...But Philadelphia's offering a reward....Your wife might turn you in ;D

If you turn on the news and see a slow speed police chase involving a silver Nissan Quest heading out of Philadelphia on I-95 heading toward Delaware, you will know she turned me in.  :'(

xrated said:
I previously worked around a guy that knew everything......I think the correct terminology was "pathological liar".  ;D

Ha, I work with guy now, thanks!  I tell him if he?s going to BS he should really try to remember what he said the first time as the second time is always a different version!

Ha, I work with guy now, thanks!

I worked with a guy like that back when I was a nurses aide. He was awful, knew everything but did nothing right. The rest of us started a pool to see who could get rid of him. I won. Long story short, it involved a dead patient that kept moving and me acting like it never happened. He left suddenly and refused to come back. They had to mail him his last paycheck. I used the $25 I won treating my other coworkers to tequila Tuesday.  ;D

cadee2c said:
I worked with a guy like that back when I was a nurses aide. He was awful, knew everything but did nothing right. The rest of us started a pool to see who could get rid of him. I won. Long story short, it involved a dead patient that kept moving and me acting like it never happened. He left suddenly and refused to come back. They had to mail him his last paycheck. I used the $25 I won treating my other coworkers to tequila Tuesday.  ;D

Oh no, you ruined him for life!  :)

Back
Top Bottom