I will pay for sand from your trip :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandman17

Hello All,
I am new to this forum, but I thought I would give this a shot.
I am a sand collector, I am looking for sand from all over the USA to trade with other collectors.
Here is what I am proposing. I am looking for 2-3 lbs of sand from your location
This will fit in a small flat rate box. I will pay 20$ for a box full of sand.
Please contact me ahead of time to make sure I do not already have sand from that location.
I will expect the sand first unless your trusted on this site, or we can make other arrangements.
Please contact me at [email protected]

You would be doing me a favor more than making a small amount of money. Its always good to have friends around the world!

Thanks!

Does this have to be beach sand?  Or from a lake, gravel pit, stream?

Good Grief. All I can say is BEWARE.

First time poster, no other info provided. Sand usually doesn't smell but this post has an odor. What's the deal?

Sandman17, please tell us what this all about. Who are you and why this pitch?

carson said:

First time poster, no other info provided. Sand usually doesn't smell but this post has an odor. What's the deal?

Hahaha!
Good answer Carson!
Oly

carson said:

Carson, you may want to try Google-ing his email address and username. He also goes by scoobpimp, scoobied, and his real name appears to be Matt. He is married, is 25, lives in Raleigh, NC - and trades sand with others all over the world. He posts the same message in many travel oriented forums. If the pictures he posts of his collection are valid, he has an awesome collection of sand from around the world - and especially likes Hawaiian sands. It appears he also has a huge screen on his computer work station and plays guitar.

On other forums where he trades, he seems to be trusted and well liked by those he corresponds with.

Amazing what you can find out in about 5 minutes on Google. You should try it sometime . . .  ;)

Bob Buchanan said:
Carson, you may want to try Google-ing his email address and username. He also goes by scoobpimp, scoobied, and his real name appears to be Matt. He is married, is 25, lives in Raleigh, NC - and trades sand with others all over the world. He posts the same message in many travel oriented forums. If the pictures he posts of his collection are valid, he has an awesome collection of sand from around the world - and especially likes Hawaiian sands. It appears he also has a huge screen on his computer work station and plays guitar.

On other forums where he trades, he seems to be trusted and well liked by those he corresponds with.

Amazing what you can find out in about 5 minutes on Google. You should try it sometime . . .  ;)

Wow that is scarry. And Carson I collect sand, not dope. Im not trying to rip anyone off. I am simply looking for other ways to expand my collection.
And just incase anyone is interested...
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Matt_Whaley/photo-2.jpg
http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Matt_Whaley/sand.jpg

Edit: Fixed links.

Alot of people collect sand just to have a piece of the world. I know collectors with 4000+ samples. Some collectors like to look at the sand under the microscope. Sand can give you a good idea of the surrounding geology. Like I have a sample from Oregon that if you look under a microscope, you can see gold particles. I also enjoy the color some sands have. One sample I have is pure green from a beach in Hawaii. That sample is made up of entirely Olivine.

pkunk said:
Does this have to be beach sand?  Or from a lake, gravel pit, stream?

Yes, I collect sand from all locations. I got your meassage, but I dont know how to reply. I actually visited Sand Dunes National Monument like 4 years ago. I actually just started collecting sand just after that trip. I wanted to kick myself for not grabbing any. I would love sand from that location.

Back
Top Bottom