Ice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molaker

We're getting ice in Fort Smith right now.  It's not particularly bad...yet, but it is starting to form on the trees and the forecast is for more of the same the rest of the day.  I refilled my MH LP tank (gen runs on LP) and topped off the diesel and we have plenty of groceries.  So, we're pretty much ready for the worst.  Been here, done that.

SeilerBird said:
What is this 'ice' stuff of which you talk about :eek:
It's what you put in your tea, just a bit more wide spread and in smaller pieces. :)  My son had to walk to work this morning.  He couldn't get his 4WD F250 out of the driveway.  But, the power is still on at our house.  Others aren't so lucky.  There's pretty widespread power outages all over Fort Smith.  You can hear tree limbs popping all around and I expect it's just a matter of time.  At least, the ice has stopped.  Now it's just snow.

BJ the dog is not happy.  Let me in!  Let me in he says!!

Attachments

• More Snow 001.JPG
    More Snow 001.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 87
UPS trudged up from the road rather then turn in.

A view of state highway 58 earlier today  and its still snowing.

Attachments

• More Snow 002.JPG
    More Snow 002.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 63
  • More Snow 003.JPG
    More Snow 003.JPG
    201.5 KB · Views: 73
You all might like some of this....

Home made bread fresh from the oven    with home made peach jam from last summer.....

Just doesn't get better then that on a cold night............ :p

Attachments

• Fresh bread and homemade peach ham 001.JPG
    Fresh bread and homemade peach ham 001.JPG
    226.4 KB · Views: 85
If this weather keeps up I will be going south instead of west.  Just have to wait and see, I don't want to spend weeks in COLD.  Probably have trouble finding places in Florida now, people will be flocking down there.

I'm thinking we may look for a lot in Florida for the winter, thinking about it.

Tom goes cold weather won't bother me, he who has spent the last 13 years in the tropics.  I'm talking 9 degrees last night, he says oh it 90 today and toward the 70's last night.  Why do I NOT want to hear this?  But Houston isn't a warm place now either.

Back
Top Bottom