If Hawaii Is Attacked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Florida too and I’m from Florida.
That's not really neighborly and pretty short sighted. Texas has the 2nd largest GDP in the US and has grossed more than $300 billion a year in exports—more than the exports of California ($175 billion) and New York ($100 billion) combined. You want to just get rid of the tax revenue that that generates? The US probably wouldn't survive that. Texas also ranks 8th in the economies of the world and has the second busiest port in the US. You want the rest of the states to pay the usage fees to Texas to use the Port of Houston? You're probably just jesting but it seems pretty myopic to do so. And speaking of secession, California makes rumblings once in a while about doing that, including breaking into two different states. Been hearing that since I grew up there in the 60's but it's never going to happen.
The true heart of hatred and secession was Richmond, Virginia, the capitol of the Confederate States.

That's not really neighborly and pretty short sighted. Texas has the 2nd largest GDP in the US and has grossed more than $300 billion a year in exports—more than the exports of California ($175 billion) and New York ($100 billion) combined. You want to just get rid of the tax revenue that that generates? The US probably wouldn't survive that. Texas also ranks 8th in the economies of the world and has the second busiest port in the US. You want the rest of the states to pay the usage fees to Texas to use the Port of Houston? You're probably just jesting but it seems pretty myopic to do so. And speaking of secession, California makes rumblings once in a while about doing that, including breaking into two different states. Been hearing that since I grew up there in the 60's but it's never going to happen.
The true heart of hatred and secession was Richmond, Virginia, the capitol of the Confederate States.
I do jest.But I do have my reasons for not caring much for Texas, Florida and some others. Reasons that shouldn’t be discussed here. I’ve lived in Texas for a total of about 8 years and 25 in Florida. Don’t like the direction either state has taken and vow not to cross those borders ever again

Last edited:
I don’t think I can say what I want to without this topic being shut down so I’ll stop before that happens.
Chill out, dude. I'm sure Texas, Florida, California, New York, or even South Dakota would welcome you just fine. If you're that worked up about NOT visting certain states, why do you have an RV?

I’ll say this for Texas, the last time I’d been to the the TDPS to renew my license it was a complete Charlie Foxtrot, hundreds of people jammed into a waiting area milling around for hours in a day long ordeal. This time it was by appt. only, ( in Texas every other renewal must be in person) no exceptions. You set it up online, show up no sooner than 30 min. prior, log in at a kiosk, fill out the application and listen for your assigned number to be called. When called, walk to the station, answer a few questions, take an eye exam, get your picture taken, swipe your cc and you’re out of there. I was there about 30 minutes this time. Whoever fixed the system did a good job of it.

I don’t think I can say what I want to without this topic being shut down so I’ll stop before that happens.
As it should, no one in history ever changed their mind after on online political food fight, no one ever. It’s two pigs wrestling, no one wins, they both only muddy and they both like it.

Another way for what? Are you wanting Texas to secede?
If Texas does secede I might have to move there. My dad was a professor who taught government, history, and economics so the basic principles were drilled into my head from an early age.

Texas has more common sense on how to keep their state sustainable forever. Unlike California that is a ticking financial bomb. When California does implode there'll be a new movie about the grapes of wrath but headed east this time. Looks like the migration has already started.

If Texas does secede I might have to move there. My dad was a professor who taught government, history, and economics so the basic principles were drilled into my head from an early age.

Texas has more common sense on how to keep their state sustainable forever. Unlike California that is a ticking financial bomb. When California does implode there'll be a new movie about the grapes of wrath but headed east this time. Looks like the migration has already started.
How are we keeping our state (Texas) sustainable forever? Meantime, California’s economy is the largest sub-national in the world and in terms of gsp is the fifth largest on the planet outranking both India and Great Britain. I think the rumors of California’s impending demise are greatly exaggerated.

How are we keeping our state (Texas) sustainable forever? Meantime, California’s economy is the largest sub-national in the world and in terms of gsp is the fifth largest on the planet outranking both India and Great Britain. I think the rumors of California’s impending demise are greatly exaggerated.
Border control is the biggest example.

Chill out, dude. I'm sure Texas, Florida, California, New York, or even South Dakota would welcome you just fine. If you're that worked up about NOT visting certain states, why do you have an RV?
There are plenty of places to RV without vacationing in Texas or Florida. Besides we don’t use the RV anymore. We mostly take trips to Europe now.

I didn’t used to think this way about certain states but events in the past 10 years have poisoned my opinion of “the other side” to a degree great enough that I just do not want to associate with that demographic. I know it sounds myopic but at my stage in life I don’t feel I have the time or energy for it so I try to stay away from it. I won’t spend my money where that point of view is prevalent whether it be an entire state or a single business. It may seem petty to some but that and voting are the only avenues I have of demonstrating my disdain for that slice of the American pie.

I didn’t used to think this way about certain states but events in the past 10 years have poisoned my opinion of “the other side” to a degree great enough that I just do not want to associate with that demographic. I know it sounds myopic but at my stage in life I don’t feel I have the time or energy for it so I try to stay away from it. I won’t spend my money where that point of view is prevalent whether it be an entire state or a single business. It may seem petty to some but that and voting are the only avenues I have of demonstrating my disdain for that slice of the American pie.
Why don’t you just not go there and vote however you choose?

Do whatever you want. It's a free Country (at least so far.) But holding a grudge against whole states who are filled with ALL kinds of diverse folks just because of some perceived demographic construct sure seems like a big waste of time, energy, and emotion. Maybe if you DID visit those states you might find there are folks that agree with your POV. Jump in, the water's fine. Thing is, your mindset seems to be what the powers-that-be WANT us to think. They want us balkanized and brainwashed to hate 'the other.'
Do your own thing but you're missing out on a lot of expereinces that you might find refreshing. Of course, that's just my opinion and I could be FOS!! :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom