INTELLI POWER 9100 Converter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shavergator

While running the generator yesterday I heard a distinct popping sound. Upon checking, everything was down. No power to anything. The lights did show dim for a few moments.

After starting the engine everything came back on and the generator started easily.

When the engine is turned off the generator runs for a few minutes then shuts down and again there is no power available.

I tried the shore line, but the lights were dim and only the microwave was working.

Does this sound like the converter ?  Suggestions This is a 2000 Monaco motorhome.

Mike

It sounds from your statements like the house batteries are not being charged properly. You will have to get out a multimeter and check that aspect out. The Converter may be at the root of the problem but further checking will be in order before condemning it just like that. Check for any circuit breakers on the input like in the power distribution panel, or on the unit itself. Check for any output fuses on the unit itself.

A Manual is downloadable from here : manual 9100 series Download  (Found on lower right side of page)
Trouble shooting guide:    Troubleshoot

Note: These downloads do NOT open automagically but you will find them in your browsers downloaded files list and from there they will open.

Thanks Stu,
I will do some more trouble shooting. I hadn't thought of your suggestions.

Popping could have been fuses, or soemthing worse

Check the hosue batteries first (Volt meter to the batteries themselves) then it's standard 12 volt tribble elimination program (Find where you do and do not have power, When you find the spot where the test lamp goes from BRIGHT to DARk you hae a clue).

Worst case, I'm one state away (50 miles from Floridia line, well 52) in Georgia.

Back
Top Bottom