Julie and Wayne (newbies)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

w5yne

Hi people,
                Our names are Julie and Wayne, I'm from England but now live in Louisiana, we are very new to this RVing,
Just bought a small Passport Express lite 199ml, a little small but i think its just right for my 1500 Avalanche to tow, truck can pull 7200lbs and i think the GVWR,

Well we all set to go on our new adventure, only 40 miles from the house but how welcome we are to just get out the house,

After buying the TT for 14k i thought a few little nick naks and we were done, oh was I wrong, Julie has bought new everything to leave in the camper rather than having to load and unload each trip,

Have read a lot of advice on this forum and think we have learned a lot and have ourselves covered for our first tip,

Just waiting for the newness to wear off then i can install a Ham radio in the camper too,

Hope to see some of ya'll on the road,

Thanks
Wayne

Hi Julie and Wayne, and welcome to The RV Forum. Glad to have you here, so feel free to ask questions or jump into any of the discussions.

I'm from England

We certainly won't hold it against you because you're from the "other side" of the Severn Bridge  ;D (my wife and I were born and raised in not-so-sunny South Wales), and currently live in California.

w5yne said:
After buying the TT for 14k i thought a few little nick naks and we were done, oh was I wrong, Julie has bought new everything to leave in the camper rather than having to load and unload each trip,

Wayne,

Julie has it figured out just right.  The beauty of an RV is that you don't have to  pack and unpack it, just carry it all along with you.  Enjoy those trips out!

Betty

Hi folks and welcome to The RV Forum.

As Betty has indicated, Julie has the right idea.  If there is one thing that will cause a woman to turn against weekend camping it is all the work associated with getting ready and then retuning. 

You folks are in for some swell times.  You have already discovered the knowledge base here.  Don't stop there; we are a pretty friendly bunch and invite you to join any discussions that may be of interest.  Doing this will allow you to become acquainted with other folks who share a passion for RVing.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcome,

Our first adventure was a great with a little drama,

My step daughter is a seasoned camper and as we were setting up sh explained i should not put the awning out due to the black clouds in the sky, me being a skywarn spotter looked at the clouds and explained it will be ok (did not look bad)

Well 15 mins from setting up we caught a micro bust of around 60mph, the awning was ripped into the lake in a second, along with the propane tank cover i had forgot to replace on the tanks...

Should have listened to the little girl huh!! insurance company was called from site and they said no problem

So camper is back at the rv centre having the replacement awning installed and a leak in the slide out corrected.

Other than that we had a great time, fishing and BBQing at the same time, what more could you ask for,

We are hooked and already planning our next adventure for next week

Wayne

Awnings and wind are definitely enemies.  Doesn't take much flapping of a large segment of canvas to put undue strain on your RV.  Welcome to the forum, it's a great group of people.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom