Lippert Ultra Level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weewun

I have recently abandoned the MH (thru traveling) and entered the 5th Wheel world again).

I have a problem with leveling the 5th Wheel, it Auto-Levels to the settings entered at the factory correctly but is out of level.  Nowhere in the Literature does it spell out how to level and the last thing they told me at the Dealership is not to mess with Leveling Jacks as it very easy to warp the frame, etc.

The Literature does address how to reset the Level Point (Zero Calibrate) but does not tell me how to get to he new Level Point.  The system is the 6-Point system but I assume that the Center and Rear Pistons are stabilizing Jacks and work in unison. 

I believe that the Fore and Aft as well as the Side to Side leveling is controlled by the Front Jacks.  I will appreciate if you have a Step-by Step procedure fore leveling this Beast.  I do not have a Truck to hook to and I have no faith in the Dealer.

Am going to try to contact Lippert.  Thks for your input.

it may not level if the ground itself is not fairly level i have in the past parked on a slope and had to put a block or two under a jack - you will see a message that says something like "jack extended too far cannot level" or something to that effect - is this a possibility? or is your spot level?

There was a recent post, which I can not find, with a similar problem.  After the unit auto leveled itself, he turned auto level off and manually leveled the unit, using the leveler controller to raise or lower individual jacks or pairs.  Once level, he did the "reset level" procedure.

Can you call Lippert and get help?

Good Luck.  Let us know how you come out.

Thks for the input, I was over thinking the problem.

1. I am on a level concrete pad.

2. The unit did Auto-Level to the Level Point set at the factory. I am assuming that it is set with Slides retracted.

3. The Leveling System is a Lippert  6-Jack System and I was assuming that the Rear 2 Jacks on a side could be adjusted individually, wrong, wrong.

4. The Rear 2-Jacks on a side are really one and are placed some distance apart to provide Stability, once I grasped that concept I was home free in that it is exactly the same process as leveling my previous MH.

5. (a) Had to retract the Rear Jacks, (b) Use Front Jacks to get Fore & Aft level, (c) Lower both sets of Rear Jacks to Stabilize, (d) Adjust appropriate Front Jack (Left or Right) to obtain Side-to-Side level, (e) Lower appropriate Rear Stabilizer Jacks for Level and Stability, and (f) Reset Calibrate Point to establish new Level Point.

Point of interest, Lippert suggests cleaning the Jack Pistons every 2 or 3 days if extended in a Salty environment, seems like over-kill and CYA to me.

Can't answer whether it was a faulty setting, but it was obviously wrong for my current location.

My assumption is that they adjusted the level when it came off the Assembly Line with the Slides in.  As I said it adjusted perfectly to what ever settings were in the Control Module. 

I checked the Level after I had put the Slides out and reloaded all our belongings.  What led me to check the Level was the Bedroom door would not stay open and when it rained Sunday the water was pouring off the front of the Living Area Slide like Niagara Falls and overpowering the window in the side-wall of the Slide.  The factory level must have been close as we did not detect any problem walking around, cooking or sleeping. 

All is well now.

last time we were out it poured rain so i had to adjust my unit to put a slight rise in the front +2 so the rain would run off the back - but im glad he hear you fixed it ok
cheers steve

Lippert has a very informative app called MyLCI. It has tons of information about everything Lippert. Anyone with Lippert items should check this out. I've got it on both my iPhone and iPad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom