looking for first motorhome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

I'm new to the forum.  I came here because the wife and I are discussing buying our first motorhome.  We won't be retired for another 10 years but we currently do a lot of long distance traveling to visit family.  We need to decide what is the best fit for our current needs and what we may need in the future.  Basically we need to learn everything!  I'm sure that all my questions have been asked before but I haven't had time to search the forum yet.  I am an avid reader and love to compare details.  So I will start off by asking for a recommendation on a good, comprehensive book that will help me get up to speed.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to getting to know many of you.

Welcome to the Forum!

I cannot personally recommend a book, but I can recommend the Library menu at the top of the page which is where I started learning over five years ago.

The various message boards are organized towards specific content areas.

There are very few things that have not yet been discussed here, but there's always a lingering question, so don't hesitate to ask your questions as they occur to you.

Others may have found a book they enjoy, and hopefully they will share that!

Glad to have you with us!

Kim

Welcome!  This forum is a GREAT place to do research on RV'ing and ask any questions you can think of!  There is a wealth of information from hundreds of RV veterans, that is just for you... and free!  :)

Pointwithinacircle said:
We won't be retired for another 10 years...

I'll just point out that although you might see a lot of retired folks in the RV world... there is no reason to wait that long!  My wife and I started in our early 30's with young kids.  Researching a LOT and making the financial side of things work (cash is best IMO ;)) are the keys to enjoying the RV pastime.

Initially I got my best education at a huge used RV lot. They had every unit open for inspection and no salesman followed around making silly comments.

It was eye opening, entertaining and very educational.

Besides RV forums, there are many RV bloggers who write a great deal about the ins and outs of RVing.

Go look at a ton of RV's so you start getting ideas.  ;D

You can start off with a modestly priced used RV and have a blast then trade up later when you have a feel for things. The market is flooded with old used RV's with a lot of life left in them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom