Looky, Looky What Wyoming Wants To Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Time to do my friendly reminder, and everything you need to know about them,,EVs good, no impact to the planet, can last a million or more miles floating above the green grasses and trees that goes untouched, ICEs BAD. :giggle:

Could be. What about all the open pit mines required? What did I read about X tons of earth needing to be moved for one car battery? Can't remember. Don't know if was true. But what if it is shipping container vs. bread box?
Yep. That’s the advantage of gas vehicles. They are made out of wood, so there is no mining required as there is no metal in them. And when they get old they are just recycled into lawn furniture. …or so the oil companies would have us believe. 😜

I like how gold and silver mines are gonna destroy the planet but if there's some lithium in there too, we hear not a peep from greenies.
It won't be long and lithium will be surpassed by the next battery tech anyway.

I like how gold and silver mines are gonna destroy the planet but if there's some lithium in there too, we hear not a peep from greenies.
It won't be long and lithium will be surpassed by the next battery tech anyway.
Goes the other way too. Now those driving gassers and diesels and petroleum companies in general are the greenies, keepers of nature and protectors of the environment. If an electric vehicle goes by they are on their soap box screaming about killing the planet.

Personally I have no beef with gas vehicles. I just don’t want one because they suck at everything I need a vehicle to do.

I am also a supporter of the petroleum industry in general and an advocate for natural gas pipelines even when paid for by public subsidies…and they are.

But it doesn’t mean I have my head in the sand to a better mousetrap. If I was pulling a big fifth wheel I would want a diesel. But a car? There is no gas car that can do what I need a car to do as good as an electric.

Buy what you like and fulfills your needs.

Where are they banning ICE vehicles in 10 to 15 years in North America?
The "proposed resolution" to which I refer is linked in post #1 in this thread, and is what my "initial reaction" refers to. But with California (and others, I think) banning sales of new ICE by 2035 or so...

The "proposed resolution" to which I refer is linked in post #1 in this thread, and is what my "initial reaction" refers to. But with California (and others, I think) banning sales of new ICE by 2035 or so...
Yes. I saw that. I’m just not aware of anywhere in the world where they are banning ice. And certainly not in North America.

As well any restrictions on new sales also don’t include GVWR’s of greater than 8599 pounds. So lots of new new ICE vehicles will be for sale after 2035 as well.

On edit.

There are lots of cities in Europe that are banning gas and specifically diesel vehicles. But you can drive right to the city. You just can’t go downtown. The people are pretty adamant about it too.

Last edited:
Can that mine and others produce enough lithium for the batteries for all the cars, trucks, RVs, fork lifts, cranes, trains, mining equipment, etc. in the US?
It's a world market these days.

That one mine in NV is a little less than 2% of the world's lithium. The USA has 17% of the world's EV's. So it's enough to make a nice dent from a single mine.

Most lithium comes from Australia. Chile is 2nd. I bet most here expected China to be first (but I don't know how much change there was from year 2017 until now):

1674691261206.png

It's a world market these days.

That one mine in NV is a little less than 2% of the world's lithium. The USA has 17% of the world's EV's. So it's enough to make a nice dent from a single mine.

Most lithium comes from Australia. Chile is 2nd. I bet most here expected China to be first (but I don't know how much change there was from year 2017 until now):

View attachment 161207
That shows where it is in the ground. Find something that shows which countries own and/or mine that ground and it looks a lot different.

Once it gets dug out of the ground it has to be refined. 80% of the global refining capacity for EV batteries is in China.

EV-battery-metals-supply-chain-2020.jpg

Last edited:
According to Google, there are 456 EVs in Wyomning. For the first 11 months of 2022, 228 EVs were sold there. I would imagine the phaseout period could be rather short, like about a week (or weekend).

In an effort to protect auto dealers, Texas bans sales of motor vehicles directly from manufacturers. Tesla doesn't have dealers. Somehow they manage to sell Teslas to Texans. Last time I checked, Texas has a few more people living there than Wyoming does. If Tesla figured out how to sell EVs in Texas, I would bet the few hundred people in Wyoming who want to buy EVs will figure out how.

This isn't lawmaking. It's performance art.

In an effort to protect auto dealers, Texas bans sales of motor vehicles directly from manufacturers
There aren’t any Tesla dealerships in Delaware. There’s an office at the mall in Christiana where you can order a Tesla or you can order one online. Delaware law forbids manufacturers to operate dealerships.

Last edited:
They are not really dealers. They are just show rooms. All purchasing is done online. You can take a tes drive at a show room. But there are no sales offices or show rooms or commissioned sales people. It’s all pretty low key.

They are often co-located with delivery centres. We have three delivery centres in Vancouver. They deliver about 110 Teslas everyday. The stream of delivery trucks is continuous. The other local car dealers have a stream of tears and broken dreams coming out their front doors watching all of their customers slip away 😱.

They are not really dealers. They are just show rooms.
I guess it depends on how "dealer" is defined. You cannot just pick out a car and drive it off the lot, but that is the case with all vehicles where the demand is a lot higher than the supply to the point that none are in stock anywhere.

Very common with Energica motorcycles. Dealers couldn't keep them in stock, they had to be ordered from a dealer. And then wait months, as I am doing right now for my Energica Experica that I ordered in June of 2022.

They had this problem on all models for the last two years. It is just starting to get better and at least the dealers now have a demo bikes for all models except the Experia. Last year, they didn't even have Demo models at dealers.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Only three words:
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.
Not really.
1) they have too much "wide open spaces" for EVs to be viable
2) they don't have many "charging stations"
3) most folks there are driving trucks, not cars, and have to deal with weather that EVs are not equipped to handle.
4) those folks there who are using EVs are so small in number as to make it negligible for revenue for the state, unless they tax them heavily. And, who wants that?

Not really.
1) they have too much "wide open spaces" for EVs to be viable
2) they don't have many "charging stations"
3) most folks there are driving trucks, not cars, and have to deal with weather that EVs are not equipped to handle.
4) those folks there who are using EVs are so small in number as to make it negligible for revenue for the state, unless they tax them heavily. And, who wants that?
Well, 1 or 2 are kind of related. And Wyoming is not that big so that’s just a matter of adding some charging infrastructure.

3 is just a matter of time until more trucks hit the market. And the weather thing didn’t make sense. The further north you go in the world the higher the rate of adaptation for EV’s. Our EV SUV is superior in winter to our old grand Cherokee. We travel all over the province in winter. Again, partially related to infrastructure modernization I suppose and if they are against that then yep, not going to work.

4. I didn’t understand at all but that might just be a lack of understanding of the American tax system.

I don’t think Wyoming should be forced to put in any infrastructure. But within about 15 or 20 years it will be a tourist desert. Maybe that’s what they want. Nothing wrong with that. Peopke choice.
As far as cars go though the streets are going to start to look like Cuba. A page out out time. Not to many car manufacturers planning on building ice cars in North America by 2040. Maybe some bigger trucks, 3/4 tons and 1 tons etc, but those will probably be hydrogen by then, and I’m sure Wyoming will outlaw those as well and for the same reason.

I’m thinking with that mindset you’ll see cell phones replaced by rotary phones pretty quick. It would be cool to visit. 😂

The whole thing is weird.

All jmho, not an expert.

Back
Top Bottom