Loves RV overnight spots and Easy Gas Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PancakeBill

I just read an article that Loves has started putting in RV sites with hookups. Right now scattered around the country, I think at the time there were around 25. Some only a few sites, others I heard around 20 to 30? You can reserve one if it suits. The cost is higher than I expected, but might be a good option in an area without some other options.

Anyone here find one yet?
What I would like to see Loves do is add a gas RV lane. Some of the pumplanes are not very RV friendly. I always try for an outside lane where you can easily pull through, but they aren't at every one. When I was driving my diesel, and could use the truck lanes, it was great, but back to gas and towing. Always with an eye out for easy fueling.

This is on our radar too. We'll be in the Midwest this Spring and have been looking at Love's on our routes.

This could be a great option for a spot to stay when trying to get somewhere.

This lists a bunch of their RV locations:

Had to check it out:

The new Loves in Parachute, Colorado wasn't open yet when I drove pass last Friday. The signs weren't operational. It's the only good size truck stop between the Exxon in Palisade (De Beque Canyon) with lots of overnight parking or the somewhat limited parking at the Kum and Go in De Beque and Denver, Colorado.

Last edited:
We have driven by a couple of these. Both had narrow, short sites only. Both were across a small drive from the gasoline fuel pumps meaning traffic all night. They were also brightly lit. The price for this site was about $45 (we looked it up). Ugh. We couldn’t have begun to fit even just the motorhome let alone a toad.

The Love's in Green River, Utah per the Google review photo of a very long attached 5th wheeler travel trailer seems to have adequate enough RV spot space with the slide-outs extended. Love's took over the station across the road too. Gets quite busy in Green River though due to the next available services of anything is another 106 miles going west on I-70 to Salina and there's little to nothing for the next 100 miles east until Fruita or Grand Junction.

We've seen a couple - one was in Green River mentioned above. Good idea but as Pam says they'll be noisy as right next to road and gas pumps.

We’ve stayed overnight at truck stops and rest stops where there is an elevated noise level. Two glasses of wine and three Benadryl and the noise ceases to be a problem.
It's never a good idea to mix alcohol and sleeping pills (Benadryl is technically not a sleeping pill, but it's a depressor and it makes you drowsy).

We stop frequently at the Loves in Green River Utah as it’s on the way to Oregon. We have spent a night there a couple of times before the RV sites were there. It’s Noisy. We looked at the RV sites last summer when we stopped to use the dog park and thought that for the price, we’d just as soon stay at the state park. Or one of our favorite boondocking spots on our route.

Love's is on a row on I-70 on the west side of the Rockies. Just passed Dotsero, Colorado today where there's absolutely no services, but it's where the chain Iaws from September 1st to May 31st each year are required to be carried east. There's a large truck parking lot nearby, but nothing around to eat or fuel. Saw a sign today that a Love's Truck Stop is coming there.

Also, passed Parachute, Colorado where the new Love's with RV spots opens soon as it's on their sign.

From no truck stops between Denver and Grand Junction (Palisade) a distance of nearly 250 miles to two. I tow over the Rockies and have to refuel. It's tight getting into the very busy Frisco or Silverthorne gas stations with tons of cars refueling. Burn through a lot of gas on the highway mountain passes.

We stayed at the Love's RV Stop in Cordele, GA a few days ago. They had both pull through and back in sites available. The back in sites were wider than the pull throughs. Since we were only stopping for overnight and pulling the car behind the motorhome, we chose a pull through. Although you couldn't call them spacious, the sites were wide enough to put out your slides and patio awning without encroaching on your neighbors. The parking pads were concrete, wide enough that the slides did not extend past the concrete pad, and fairly level, although I did have to pull out my folding entry step since the front was a little high. There was no grass between the pull through sites, just gravel. They were plenty long enough for a 42' coach and car. However, the hookups were at the very rear of the site. I would have needed extensions for electric and sewer hookup if I hadn't unhooked the toad and parked it in front of the coach. They had firepits, picnic areas, a dog park, and pickleball courts. There was no attendent at the gate, you just punched in your access code that was emailed when your reservation is made to lift the entry gate. I also had to go online to check in with my reservation code to turn the power on at the pedestal. The camp sites were far enough away from the pumps and truck parking area that sound shouldn't have been a problem. There was also an 8' privacy fence separating the camping area from the truck stop. But, the night we stayed there, apparently all the truck parking spots were full, and several trucks parked along the road next to the camping area where they shouldn't have been parked. They idled their engines all night long, making the stay not quite pleasant. Even though most of those trucks were gone in the morning when we pulled out, we still had to weave between the trucks still parked in the roadway on both sides. Next time, I'll probably drive a few miles down the road and pay an extra $5 to stay at the KOA.

My problem with all of these Love RV lots that I have read about on here and on other forums is the price, as in many of these areas one can easily find a mom and pop roadside RV park that is both cheaper and nicer, in addition to likely being quieter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom