Maxxforce diesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcpath

Does anyone own a rig with the Maxxforce engine and roadmaster chassis?  I am curious about how the Roadmaster chassis compares to the Freightliner.  I understand that the Maxxforce engine meets current EPA standards without the addition of the DEF stuff.  But how does the longevity and quality compare to, say, the cummins product?  Thanks!

MaxxForce  = International = Navistar.  They've been making diesels a long time, some excellent ones and some not so great.  They built the base diesel engine that Ford used (Ford  Powerstroke) for many years, but when they designed a new 6.0L for Ford it had major problems. The problems continued for several years and Ford eventually dumped Navistar and built their own diesel starting this year.

The Roadmaster chassis is as good as any, I think. It does not offer an Independent Front Suspension option, but the larger models (RR8R and RR10R) offer a unique floating subframe that handles well and allows the air bags to be mounted further outboard than either Spartan or Freightliner designs. Like many things automotive, I find people who love 'em and others who hate 'em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom