Moab Fall Rally 2014 (Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can put us down as a maybe also (Gary and Darlene). Will confirm as soon as we can.

Updated list.

Attending:
* Zuech, Mike & Chrystal (zmotorsports)
* Kuch, Ken & Sheila (Ken & Sheila)
* Nesbitt, Don & Mary Ann (gmsboss1 & Pelican Lady)
* Beard, John & Susan (Oscar Mike)
* Weimert, Frank & Barb (FrankW & Barb)
* Brewer, Terry & Betty (Terry Brewer & Betty Brewer)
* FitzGerald, Jerry & Ardra (ArdraF & JerryF
* John & Carol (Tourmaster)
* Falchini, Steve & Dee
* Roscoe, Bill & Corinne (Photog)

Maybes:
* Bertram, Kim & Christi (skyking4ar2 & Gypsy Feet)
* Wishard, Henry & Margaret (Henry Wishard)
* Dodd, Larry and Loretta (THE-BigLarry) aka "Team Lola"
* Becks, Gary & Darlene (Becks)
* Parks, Chet & Laurie (chet18013)

Just a note to all, as info, we put our house on the market yesterday about 2pm.  Today at 4pm it is sold.
As of July 31, 2014 we should be homeless.  That means we should be seeing you in all the old familiar places
in a few months.  We will begin our search in earnest to find a good quality 40-42 ft. Diesel pusher.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the road somewhere.

Larry & Loretta ' Team LoLa'

THE-BigLarry said:
Just a note to all, as info, we put our house on the market yesterday about 2pm.  Today at 4pm it is sold.
As of July 31, 2014 we should be homeless.  That means we should be seeing you in all the old familiar places
in a few months.  We will begin our search in earnest to find a good quality 40-42 ft. Diesel pusher.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the road somewhere.

Larry & Loretta ' Team LoLa'

Congrats on selling the home Larry, that is awesome news.  Does this mean you WILL be attending the Moab Fall Rally then?  Shall I move you from the "maybe" to the "attending" list? ;D

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Congrats on selling the home Larry, that is awesome news.  Does this mean you WILL be attending the Moab Fall Rally then?  Shall I move you from the "maybe" to the "attending" list? ;D

Mike.

It still 'depends'.  We are looking at two coaches, one in Mass. and one in Oregon.  If we buy in Mass. we may take a 'Southern Swing' and maybe winter in Fla.  If we buy in Oregon, We will make it to Moab and then go on to Catalina etc., as we did last year.  We're in no big hurry.  We will be doing some deciding when the time is right.

Of course when we do decide, we will let everyone know. . . .

Put me down as a definite "maybe".  Depends on how hard my boss screams when I tell him I want to take some more time off.  ;)

If past history is any judge, Lou, they'll do whatever is in their power to prevent your leaving their employ.  ;D

Lou Schneider said:
Put me down as a definite "maybe".  Depends on how hard my boss screams when I tell him I want to take some more time off.  ;)

Will do Lou.  It will be good to see you again, hope you can make it.

Mike.

Updated list.

Attending:
* Falchini, Steve & Dee

Maybes:
* Schneider, Lou (Lou Schneider)

Mike
Can you please move us from the maybe to the attending list, as we just made our reservation with Portal today. Looking forward to meeting more forum folks.
    Thanks,
      Gary and Darlene

Absolutely Gary, here is the updated list.

Attending:
* Falchini, Steve & Dee

Maybes:

You can move Team Lola to the attending column.  As of August 1, 2014, we are FULL TIME.
Shopping for a DP.  If you know of someone selling a good one, let us know.  Wahooooo!!!

THE-BigLarry said:
You can move Team Lola to the attending column.  As of August 1, 2014, we are FULL TIME.
Shopping for a DP.  If you know of someone selling a good one, let us know.  Wahooooo!!!

Sounds great Larry.  Looking forward to seeing you guys again and congratulations on being full-timers.

Mike.

Attending:
* Falchini, Steve & Dee

Maybes:

Can you help a new member out and say more about what you do at RV Forum rallys? We were already thinking about a fall trip to Moab, and this looks interesting. Sadly, I still have to go to work, so we would only be down for a weekend. Does everyone come only for the full week?

Can you help a new member out and say more about what you do at RV Forum rallys? We were already thinking about a fall trip to Moab, and this looks interesting. Sadly, I still have to go to work, so we would only be down for a weekend. Does everyone come only for the full week?

Hi UTTransplant,

We have a great time at rallies.  Each afternoon about 4:30 or so we have Happy Hour where we all discuss what we did that day.  In other words sharing events and adventures.  At Moab we usually have daily awards, such as a Care Bear given to someone who went out of their way to help someone else.  Goofy is for someone who did something goofy and will never live it down!  Usually the first happy hour of the week is when we decide what we want to do for the remainder of the week.  When you go to large formal rallies, such as Family Motor Coach Assn. or Good Sam or Escapees, everything is preplanned.  We're more laid back and change plans depending on weather and/or whim.

We also like to eat!  Usually the last night we have some kind of "Last Supper" which can be a potluck or a dinner at a nice restaurant.  This year Portal RV Park put on a chicken dinner for us which was lucky because the restaurants we wanted to go to were all booked (prom week).  Sometimes we have a ladies luncheon.  Sometimes we have boil-in-a-bag omelets.  Sometimes we go to a chuckwagon dinner with entertainment.  Sometimes we take a Colorado River laser show cruise with dinner first.

At Moab we can go sightseeing for arches, petroglyphs, dinosaur tracks, or movie sites.  You can go bicycling on their new bike trail.  You can go rafting on the Colorado River.  Our main adventures seem to be hiking and four-wheeling.  The hiking trails in Arches National Park are wonderful!  The four-wheeling trails tend to be in/near Canyonlands National Park.  With these, we try to do both easy and harder trails.  We usually have an easy introductory hike and we go at the pace of the slowest person.  After all, we're there to enjoy our surroundings and get to know one another.  I might add, we all try to look out for one another so that, for example, if you've never gone four-wheeling, we'll take you on a trail we know you can handle and will provide pointers where needed.  On some of the more difficult trails we "spot" for one another to make sure no one damages their vehicle.  Some in the group do difficult-rated trails, but if you want to do something else, that's fine.  No two years are ever alike.  When the weather is good we're all out and about every day.  When it's not so great we change that day's event to another day or drop it entirely.  The following link is from our latest rally and you can see by the photos toward the end of the topic (about Reply 210) that "a good time was had by all." 

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,64302.0.html

We hope you can join us either at Moab or another rally.  It's a good and fun group to get to know.  You can attend only a few days if that's all you can fit in, but it's nice to be there for the entire week.  We come and go as necessary!  By the way, this year we had Hop, Skip, and Jump where Hop was at Zion, Skip was at Bryce, and Jump was at Moab.

ArdraF

UTTransplant said:

You are more than welcome whether you can come for the entire week or only a few days.  My wife and I also still work full-time and the first couple of years we attended only a few days.  The last couple of years we decided that the rallies are so much fun we decided to plan some of our annual vacation time around them and attend the entire week.  The people really are great and want everyone to feel welcome.

Mike.

Thanks for the information. I am a Utah resident, and the Moab area is one I am fairly familiar with. I love Capital Reef, the San Rafael Swell, Canyonlands, and Arches. We aren't much at 4 wheeling; the 4 wheel ability of our truck is mostly used in snow and gravel roads. We do like sight seeing and hiking. The onlu problem I see is that I do love giving candy to all the kiddies at Halloween, and that is the weekend :-( The weekend before includes my "every other Friday" off too. We should know in the next couple of months.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom