Moab Fall Rally 2014 (Oct. 26-Nov. 2, 2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike,
  We were really looking forward to the Punkin' Chunkin' but we won't get there until Sunday, the 26th  :'(  That means extra pressure on you to come up with good Halloween plans  ;)  Costumes??? Thanks for the weather info.  We don't mind the cold too much.  It will be somewhat refreshing for us from So Cal where it's always warm & sunny.

Steve

We will arrive on Friday.  We will be there 7 days.  Sadly we will have to leave on Halloween morning,
unless a court case in OKC gets settled.  I did some PI work for a law firm there and I will have to testify
in the court case so we have to leave early to get settled in Casa Grande for me to fly to OK City on 11/2.

We will however be there for Punkin Chunkin which we really look forward to as well as seeing old friends
and making new ones. 

Larry,

I'm already here at a different RV park.  I plan to move over to Portal Thursday,  see you on Friday.

Bill

We'll see the early arrivals on Saturday.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

ArdraF

Susan and I have to forgo the Moab Fall Rally; we have too many irons in the fire at this time to break away. We hope for a safe, and fun time for all.

Oscar Mike said:
Susan and I have to forgo the Moab Fall Rally; we have too many irons in the fire at this time to break away. We hope for a safe, and fun time for all.

John,

I'm sorry you had to cancel. Sheila and I were looking forward to seeing you and Susan at Moab.
Hope to see you both soon - somewhere in our travels.

ken

WOW, that sucks John.  Chrystal and I were hoping to see you and Susan again.

Hopefully another time.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
WOW, that sucks John.  Chrystal and I were hoping to see you and Susan again.
Hopefully another time.
Mike.

Yes, I was really stoked about coming, I've been planning for months, my coach was packed except for food. Being Semi-Retired has its drawbacks, and Susan still works 40 hours/week at the family business. Business opportunities are better than they've been since 2005 and in these days one has to take advantage when the opportunity arises.

I am sure we'll meet up again down the road, we're signed up for Catalina New Year's Rally, and the Texas Rally in May. And I've been giving serious consideration to the FMCA Four-Wheelers Rally in Moab in May too (I just joined the FMCA 4-wheelers this past weekend).

I have been wanting to join FMCA 4-wheelers for a while now but where Chrystal and I still work full-time it is hard to get away to attend some of their rallies.  Maybe some day.

Mike.

Oscar Mike said:
YBeing Semi-Retired has its drawbacks, and Susan still works 40 hours/week at the family business. Business opportunities are better than they've been since 2005 and in these days one has to take advantage when the opportunity arises.

John,

I sure know about work interfering with play! We had many a summer trip re-scheduled or cancelled to fit work. When we first started Catalina I was still working - almost full time - and for the first few years during the Rally I had to drive back to Phoenix the handle year-end Inventory and work prevented me from going on to the FMCA rally in Indio because January was very busy with YE closing. Even now, as just a consultant, our January travels sometime get modified to suit work.

Despite the fact that it sometimes interferes with my "playtime", I really love my work - particularly now that I am not responsible managing people and dealing with customers!

See you at Catalina SP.

ken

Ken & Sheila said:
John,
Despite the fact that it sometimes interferes with my "playtime", I really love my work - particularly now that I am not responsible managing people and dealing with customers!

See you at Catalina SP.

ken

Ken,

I hear you. My role in the family business (JMB Construction, Inc.) is as the license holder and qualified employee. I don't have to do client relations, or subcontractor relations, or supplier relations anymore. I actually love building, it is fun, a challenge, and rewarding on a number of levels. All I do today is oversee the projects, make sure we are compliant, and give advice. I work from home; Susan on the other hand has to go to the office five days a week.

The good news is that the plan for the business is for Susan to step back at the first of the year. It is most challenging because Susan is the bookkeeper/accountant. No one better to trust the money with than my wife. But we're hoping for a full 90-days of travel in 2015...on my way to becoming a Part-Timer... :)

I am really looking forward to Catalina.

John

Tell Susan the girls will really miss her.  This  she needs to know  so that when she steps back from the business, she will have  some other  friends! 
Betty

I know I signed up as a "maybe", but I won't be coming either.  Work issues and my Mom just sold her house and she's moving in with my sister in La Quinta at the end of the month.

I hope to see everyone in Quartzsite!

Betty Brewer said:
Tell Susan the girls will really miss her.  This  she needs to know  so that when she steps back from the business, she will have  some other  friends! 
Betty

Susan said to said to say thanks...She's looking forward to taking a step towards retirement.

Here is an updated list.  If anything looks out of place or something jumps out at ya, shout out and we will correct.

I left Henry and Margaret on the maybe list because I am still hopeful they will be able to make it.

Attending:
* Zuech, Mike & Chrystal (zmotorsports)
* Kuch, Ken & Sheila (Ken & Sheila)
* Nesbitt, Don & Mary Ann (gmsboss1 & Pelican Lady)
* Weimert, Frank & Barb (FrankW & Barb)
* Brewer, Terry & Betty (Terry Brewer & Betty Brewer)
* FitzGerald, Jerry & Ardra (ArdraF & JerryF
* Myers, John & Carol (Tourmaster)
* Falchini, Steve & Dee
* Roscoe, Bill & Corinne (Photog)
* Beckers, Gary & Darlene (Becks)
* Dodd, Larry and Loretta (THE-BigLarry) aka "Team Lola"
* Nugent, Len and Brenda (Cactustwo)
* Sirota, Jeff and Anita (Jeff and Anita)
* Gary and Carol (GarynCarol)
* Phillips, Gary and Andrea (Bajarat)
* Fish, Jim and Judy (?/Friends of Jeff & Anita)

Maybes:
* Wishard, Henry & Margaret (Henry Wishard)

John:
  I didn't go buy a Jeep just because you wanted me to drive yours  ;)  Now what will I do?  :'(  Seriously, we will miss you guys a lot.  See you in Texas (if not before).

Steve

Steve N Dee said:
John:
  I didn't go buy a Jeep just because you wanted me to drive yours  ;)  Now what will I do?  :'(  Seriously, we will miss you guys a lot.  See you in Texas (if not before).

Steve

I thought about you as Susan and I "discussed" the Moab Rally. You could always swing by and hook up to the Jeep, it is set up  for Roadmaster.

That's one hell of an offer John!  If I wasn't already pulling my own toad, I might have taken you up on that (not really, but fun to think about!)  8)  I will just have to hitch a ride with another framily member to get my Jeep fix.  I'm sure I can come up with a seat.  I'm sure it wasn't easy to scrub the trip, but owning my own business, I totally get it.

Best,

Steve

Betty Brewer said:
Oh boy oh  boy, I have many ideas and I was hoping  you might be open to some of my activities. One roll of  Toilet paper would  be on my list of needed supplies.  How can we have an RVForum rally without such talk?

We are in St George Utah tonight  with  FMCA 4 wheelers.  I will  think more about what supplies  may be quick and easy. 

BB

Betty, How did we miss you? We got to Temple View RV in St. George on the 18th and left this morning for Grand Junction, where we are now. Tomorrow, we'll stop at our home in Silverthorne before heading to our Front Range digs. We were in space 43.

Don

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom