Most expensive campsite you've ever stayed at??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paid $480 for four nights in the original KOA in Billings, MT in June, 2016. Wouldn't have stayed there (I'm not sure what they were so proud of), but DW needed to fly out to SFO for dear niece's graduation, while we were on a cross country exploration.

Punomatic said:
Paid $480 for four nights in the original KOA in Billings, MT in June, 2016. Wouldn't have stayed there (I'm not sure what they were so proud of), but DW needed to fly out to SFO for dear niece's graduation, while we were on a cross country exploration.

Wow, we were just there last month.  Two nights, water and electric about $55.00 a night.  All things considered a bit over priced for what it is. 

The most expensive place I have stayed was Newport Dunes in Newport Beach, Ca. I haven't stayed in a few years because the prices are stupid high and the sites suck. About 3-4 years ago I paid over $150 a night for beachfront on  a weekend.  I just checked Campground Reviews.com for the latest review.  A poster stayed on Labor Day weekend in 2018. The beachfront sites were almost $500 per night!  Never again for me!

Mine are about tied I stayed at Treasure beach resort in Fenwick Delaware It was about $700 for the week. We went to Liberty Harbor in New Jersey I thought it was $99 but there may have been tax.
We also have been to Fort Wilderness I think it was $40 a night but that was in 1998.

SargeW said:
The most expensive place I have stayed was Newport Dunes in Newport Beach, Ca. I haven't stayed in a few years because the prices are stupid high and the sites suck. About 3-4 years ago I paid over $150 a night for beachfront on  a weekend.  I just checked Campground Reviews.com for the latest review.  A poster stayed on Labor Day weekend in 2018. The beachfront sites were almost $500 per night!  Never again for me!

Just looked at their website.  Currently the most expensive site is only $450.0 a night during the summer high season.  Still a bit more than I like to pay.  However on a positive note, they only charge $2.00 a day for pets.  And if you're there for a week, its only $5.00 per pet.  With those pet prices, I may have to reconsider.  ;)

Alaskansnowbirds said:
One of the most expensive boondocking sites you can stay at is a Bass Pro or WalMart parking lot.
I agree, but you forgot Cabela's. 
We often used to ONP at the Cabela's in Hamond. 
DW would go look at the sales. 
That was more expensive than any KOA we stayed at. 
They chased us off the last time we were there and I have not been back because the BP a few miles east seems to want our business.

Matt

Boyd's Campground in the Keys (not actually in the keys, on Stock Island but whatev's) $125ish per night for a waterfront full hookup site this summer. Was it an experience? Yes. Will I ever go again? No.

$150/ night at Yogi Bear... middle of summer on a pull through pad.

As others mentioned, Newport Dunes we looked at (we live 5 minutes from there) for just a weekend deal for the kids... $400 a night? Heck no.

Blue water Key resort, absolutely stunning! $325 per night. For the summer up here in Michigan Hearthside Motor coach resort, $185

Not a campground. But I've been seeing tv ads for Raffles hotel in Singapore. The hotel finders say I can get a room for $575 for October 18. What a bargain. Hahaha.

We paid 250 for two nights at Beverly Beach Camptown in Flagler, FL.

It was crowded, the spaces are close, and a bit of a pain to get into and back out of.
We had to wash all the salt and film off the Dancer the next day.

But, It was worth it.
Will probably do it again next Spring.
Our one extravagance.

Oldgator73 said:
These replies are the reason we stay at State and National Parks, National Forests and COE CG?s.

I'm with you 'Gator.  During the months we travel we try all those places first.  We do stay in a commercial RV park in Quartzsite, but even it's only $700 for 3 months.

Back
Top Bottom