Ned & Lorna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They usually are a mixed blessing, Ned.  During one of our California droughts they said the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir (San Francisco peninsula drinking water supply) would take five years to fill.  Not!  In one winter it filled.  Of course the Delta had floods and there were lots of mudslides but at least we had water.  Definitely a mixed blessing!

ArdraF

Probably the same year Ardra referenced, Lake Shasta was at historic low levels and filled to the brim within a very short time.  When you combine Mother Earth and mountain watershed, things happen quite suddenly.  I hope Ned and Lorna's rainfall stays manageable and safe.

Margi

Canyon Lake filled last May so now we need to refill the aquifers.

I like to keep an eye on Lake Buchanan since its the upper lake on the Colorado above Austin.  It's 20 ft higher than it was last year at this time but still 13 ft. below pool level.  Once it fills, I'll feel like the water is truly getting back to normal.  The Edwards aquifer is bound to be better.

Ned, it is good to know that both you and Lorna are safe and sound after all that rain, with the flooding. Fortunately we dodged the bullet here down south, which is a great relief to us. 

Marie, maybe you'll get a "gift from the gulf" sometime this winter :)  Coming to SA anytime in the near future?

Ned, hunting season is starting and that will keep us busy till end of February. The plan is to take March and April. Will contact you with definite plans to get together.

Trust me we are prepared for a wet winter!  ::)

Back
Top Bottom