Need help with 12 volt power to reading lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kicker641

Hi everyone! I have a 1995 Georgie Boy Swinger class A, the reading lights at the drivers and passenger side stopped working. I read somewhere that those are connected to a line that powers the dash cigarrette lighter socket and are coming from the same fuse. The dash cigarrette lighter socket does not work. I have checked the bulb, wires, push button switch in each light and the rotary switch by the drivers side that turns on the drivers side reading lights. Please help!

That is my problem, I cannot find that fuse that protects this line. I have read online before that there is a fuse for both lines but I cannot find where its located. I have checked the fuse box by the engine compartment but its not there... Any one familiar with this? Thanks.

The cigarette lighter fuse might be inline. Start at the back of the lighter and go towards the battery. You might find the location by Googling it.

Are these reading lights in the dash area by the front seats, or back in the "house" area? It would be unusual to power any house circuit from the dash (chassis) 12v supply.

Odds are your house 12v power comes through the same power panel that houses the 120v circuit breakers. Look there for a fuse panel as well.

My class A Georgie Boy did power the reading lights from the chassis battery. There was a fuse (Ford chassis) for them, but its been a couple years since I had to find it. I vaguely recall it was on the firewall where the easiest way to access it was by opening the driver door.  e.g. lower left side inside the coach.

Thanks for the replies, I haven't tried the fuse by the drivers door panel. I will try to open that up. Will update once done. Thanks again people...

Ernie n Tara said:
My class A Georgie Boy did power the reading lights from the chassis battery. There was a fuse (Ford chassis) for them, but its been a couple years since I had to find it. I vaguely recall it was on the firewall where the easiest way to access it was by opening the driver door.  e.g. lower left side inside the coach.

I don't see any in there. Is there any problems that will arise if I hook up a new fused wire from the batteries?

What chassis?  If Ford check under the hood, center for a fuse box ... that's where the lighter socket fuse is on my 2000 Ford chassis ... was a 20 amp if memory serves me right.

Howard

Our map/reading lights are on the same circuit as the dash lights. They are on the same switch as the dash light dimmer. Ours turn on like you might turn on your dome light to a car. Ours is a roller type switch right next to the headlight switch. Don't know if yours is like mine or not. If yours happen to be on the same circuit as your cigarette plug it could be a bad cell phone charger cord blowing your fuse.

Rodney Davidson said:
Our map/reading lights are on the same circuit as the dash lights. They are on the same switch as the dash light dimmer. Ours turn on like you might turn on your dome light to a car. Ours is a roller type switch right next to the headlight switch. Don't know if yours is like mine or not. If yours happen to be on the same circuit as your cigarette plug it could be a bad cell phone charger cord blowing your fuse.

Yeah we have the same layout but I havent used a cell phone charger in it yet. So i am still looking for the fuse if its tripped or not, do you know where they are hiding this? Btw my coach is on a P30 chassis chevy 454.

Back
Top Bottom