Need new seals on bedroom slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David,

Yes, my self-installed seals are working perfectly.  We are traveling in the Pacific NW and have encountered a few rain showers.  No leaks.  YA!!

I should probably post some photos showing how the seal looks after the install.

Finally got around to taking photos of the new bedroom slide seals and the new horizontal trim piece.  Note the seals are the new double wipe seal.  Also note the top seal overlaps and is glued to the vertical seal.  Last of all, note the 45 degree cut on the bottom seal. 

Attachments

• IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 101
I have a 2004 Itasca Meridian and it too needs seals for the bedroom slide. Does anyone know it the parts numbers are the same as the ones mentioned earlier? Where can I get the ones I need? Can I get them direct from Winnebago or any dealer ship? One last question. Does anyone know the cost of the seals?

Thanks,

Joe

You can only buy parts direct from Winnebago if you are at the factory in Forest City, otherwise, you must go through a dealer.  See the post on the Adventurer gas cap for a link to Lichtsinn (for parts.)

My 2005 Horizon has a new leak in the bedroom slide. It has been fixed twice already. Also the front main slide is leaking. I have had nothing but leaks in this coach and will not consider another Winnebago product.
Compartment leak ( I think I solved this one)
Leak around the small propane heater mid coach (fixed soon after I got the coach)
Windshield leak (fixed I hope)
Now two of three slides are leaking.
So far the Freightliner chassis has been the best part of this motor home.

Once the factory fixed our bedroom slide leak when the coach was fairly new, we have had zero leak issues.  Before you throw in the towel, consider giving the factory a chance to get your leaks squared away.  I had less than a satisfactory dealer attempt to fix our bedroom leak.

John Canfield said:
Once the factory fixed our bedroom slide leak when the coach was fairly new, we have had zero leak issues.  Before you throw in the towel, consider giving the factory a chance to get your leaks squared away.  I had less than a satisfactory dealer attempt to fix our bedroom leak.
The dealer did a good job but the first fix from Winnebago didn't work. The second time with the change in the trim etc it worked for about 3 yrs. It will be interesting to see what the current problem and fix is.

I am about to replace my seals for my bedroom slide out. Does anyone know if I replace the side seals first or the bottom seal? I have a 2004 Itasca Meridian 39'.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe,

I am not sure how to answer your question.  I have not replaced my bottom bedroom seal.  I have replaced the top and sides and the top needs to be replaced before the sides.  I think the bottom seal can be replaced last.  Send me a PM and I will email a PDF file of Winnie instructions for replacing the seals.  Are you installing the double wipe seals?

I'm a little late to this party but I have the same MH with the same problem, can someone provide the part(s) numbers and the PDF that everyone is talking about, I'd like to have a leak free rig.  Much thanks! ;D

Gary

Back
Top Bottom