New floor for the old Bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lou, looks fantastic!  We had our carpet replaced when we were in Tucson last year, the pro's were afraid of the doghouse, so we left it.  Going back and forth on trying it myself, or dyeing it.  Colors are different but complementary, I saved enough big pieces of scrap to do it.  My concern is the backing is pretty stiff, so not sure how it would mold to the DH. 

We went back and forth on the flooring before deciding on carpet.  Great idea on stopping short of the drivers area.  We also have that steel area in ours, and real plywood on the floors.  Our Fleetwood heritage. 

I have replaced the floor on my 2001 Palomino 21, heres the pix...

Attachments

• IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0443.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 164
Not only is that is one of the best looking "After" situations, but the contrast to the "before" more specifically the "during" is astounding.

Hey Lou, your floor replacement looks great. We just bought a 2000 model RV and are thinking about the same thing. I went to Home Depot this weekend and saw Allure and was excited until I did some "googling" about the product. A lot of bad experiences on the posts. So I'm leary - but it sounds like yours is working out well. Do you see any other comments before you started yours? Any tips to a fool proof installation? Sounds like most of the issues had to do with the glue tab between planks not staying glued. Any trouble with yours?

Thanks,

Phil

Some of the issues may have to do with not enough traffic on the product.  Had a floor person tell me many of these type floors use a pressure sensitive adhesive.  They need to be walked on to properly secure the pieces together.  I used a similar product in my TT and did have one spot in a doorway that kept wanting to come up.  I simply placed a heavy weight on the spot and left it for about a week.  Took it up a few days ago and it seems to be holding good.

Best of luck!
Don

psandoz said:
Hey Lou, your floor replacement looks great. We just bought a 2000 model RV and are thinking about the same thing. I went to Home Depot this weekend and saw Allure and was excited until I did some "googling" about the product. A lot of bad experiences on the posts. So I'm leary - but it sounds like yours is working out well. Do you see any other comments before you started yours? Any tips to a fool proof installation? Sounds like most of the issues had to do with the glue tab between planks not staying glued. Any trouble with yours?Thanks,Phil

I found a few folks who said they had trouble or bad results, but not many, and some of those made it obvious they had set their expectations too high.  The product is vinyl, not stone or hard wood, so it's gonna look like vinyl. DUH!

I didn't find one person who was dissatisfied with Allure in their RV.

Mine still looks beautiful to me.  I have two very small tile corners that tend to turn up and appear to peal, but that is because I was using my scraps to finish the job, trying to avoid the need to open a whole new box.  I wasn't careful to keep dust and dirt off the glue strips for some of those pieces.  I'll glue them down when I'm done using the RV for the season.

If you are leery of the standard Allure, you might want to try the snap together (rather than glue) type.

I'm more than satisfied with mine

I had a couple of places where the adhesive was contaminated with lint, dirt or whatever, pulled up edge and superglued. RV is sitting in Florida sun with no AC on and the floor is not separating except for the two spots where we reglued. It hasn't buckled, or gassed off like some claim.

Don't get me wrong I believe the people that say they have problems, that may have been a different batch of flooring. We have had no problems and have it in the stick house also. Installed it in bedroom, laundry room and kitchen.

My only wish is that it was made by Americans.....you mileage may differ. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiairemy
Back
Top Bottom