Newmar Dutch Star lemon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wagonmaster2

Hello Sarge - Just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you've been getting along with your Tiffin.  At the end of 2014 I probably made the biggest most expensive goof in my 78 years, and 27 years of RVing when I traded my 2004 Itasca Meridian 36' for a new 2015 Newmar Dutch Star.  It had to be returned back to the factory once before we even paid for it to redo some interior items they got the color wrong from our order, once again by us in April for the fix of about 30+ items, and now we have to do it again in August which will mean almost 1/2 our odometer mileage by then will be the 3 trips to Nappanee.  I will say they are trying to fix the problems but the worst of them is the terrible Villa Mfg furniture Newmar used in 2015, which they won't replace saying the Flexsteel furniture wouldn't fit,  instead of staying with Flexsteel.

I keep thinking how nice it would be to have my Meridian and all that cash back and someone had this Dutch Star back on their lot.  Sorry for the rambling.

What a shame. Newmar is pretty good, but they still build some lemons now and then.

The wrong colors may be a dealer screw-up. They all seem sloppy on special orders, never specifying quite the right stuff. But the factory changes interior & exterior trim at whim too, and seems to think nobody will care. Since most dealer orders are for inventory rather customer-specific, they probably get away with it often.

I am now at 7,300 miles into my Alaska trip with only one chassis issue on a 2016 4369.

We are very happy we purchased a Newmar Dutch Star. As said, sometimes a lemon or dealer error.

See my blogspot (link under avatar)

Ken

Gary RV Roamer said:
What a shame. Newmar is pretty good, but they still build some lemons now and then.

The wrong colors may be a dealer screw-up. They all seem sloppy on special orders, never specifying quite the right stuff. But the factory changes interior & exterior trim at whim too, and seems to think nobody will care. Since most dealer orders are for inventory rather customer-specific, they probably get away with it often.

Wish I could blame the dealer but he pulled my original order form and the factory didn't do as the order specified.  I understand they are now producing as many coaches in one day as they did in a week  several years ago so not much wonder quality has kind of slipped downhill.  Maybe this is the circumstance with all the manufacturers at this time.

Back
Top Bottom