News story about CBD oil and Canadians coming south

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is my understanding that possession and personal use of CBD is NOT a violation of US federal law, but it is still subject to regulation if sold as a therapeutic drug.  The distinction is foggy at best.  The Border Patrol is not noted for consistent application of rules, though, nor are they required to follow the letter of US law. They have the authority to ban anybody they judge is potentially trouble.

I live in Oregon's Willamette Valley - where the latest trend in crops is the plant used in CBD oil.  There are hundreds of acres of the stuff all around my place.  There are also many friends selling CBD with"cure all" claims.  I frankly don't know what to believe - I've been around long enough to remember snake-oil salesman and miracle cures that were bogus.  For myself I am skeptical but I also hope others can find relief using the oil. 

thelazyl said:
I live in Oregon's Willamette Valley - where the latest trend in crops is the plant used in CBD oil.  There are hundreds of acres of the stuff all around my place.  For myself I am skeptical but I also hope others can find relief using the oil.

For proven relief they should stick with your fine Pinot noirs  ;) ;D

CBD oil is available and legal in Arizona and can be found for sale everywhere including grocery stores.  My wife has  obtained some relief from joint aches using a CBD cream.  I have also seen some benefit from neck pain using the cream but it doesn't work all the time for me.    We also tried the CBD oil drops you put under your tongue but it didn't do a thing for either one of us.

I tried CBD and it did absolutely nothing for me. One of my friends uses it to fall asleep. That is what I wanted it for but it failed me.

Last month we spent a week in Niagara Falls, Ontario and even popped back to NY for a day mid-week. I was surprised we were never asked about marijuana/cannabis at all.

Thanks for sharing this! I've read about issues at the U.S. border related to CBD oil. It's essential for travelers to be aware of the rules and regulations, especially when crossing borders. However, sometimes they allow bringing empty bongs. Anyway, it's still worth checking.

Thanks for sharing this! I've read about issues at the U.S. border related to CBD oil. It's essential for travelers to be aware of the rules and regulations, especially when crossing borders. However, sometimes they allow bringing empty bongs. Anyway, it's still worth checking.
in most cases, if the blog is empty, it is allowed to be transported if it is as a souvenir, since in most CIS countries there is still no full legalization

in most cases, if the blog is empty, it is allowed to be transported if it is as a souvenir, since in most CIS countries there is still no full legalization
Stupid college student story (my son, not me). Younger son went to Europe to see older son who was teaching there. Brought back an unused bong from Amsterdam as a joke gift for a friend. Got arrested at his school for drug use! The cops swabbed the bong, realized it had never been used, couldn’t find anything else in the room or his car even after a drug dog search, and finally charges dropped. Don't be stupid like my son!

Stupid college student story (my son, not me). Younger son went to Europe to see older son who was teaching there. Brought back an unused bong from Amsterdam as a joke gift for a friend. Got arrested at his school for drug use! The cops swabbed the bong, realized it had never been used, couldn’t find anything else in the room or his car even after a drug dog search, and finally charges dropped. Don't be stupid like my son!

IMO, those are just stupid rules. The amount of money we waste as a society worried about people doing pot is ridiculous.

More than a joke, bringing someone a bong (presumably, a nice one) back from Amsterdam is a really thoughtful gift for someone who partakes.

As was actively discussed in another recent string, this CBC article and string occurred in 2019. While it continues to be the Border Officer's discretion on who may be allowed entry, I am not sure non psychoactive CBD is still aggressively enforced any longer.
I cannot remember ever being asked about its use or if we have any with us when we cross into the US

Ed

As was actively discussed in another recent string, this CBC article and string occurred in 2019. While it continues to be the Border Officer's discretion on who may be allowed entry, I am not sure non psychoactive CBD is still aggressively enforced any longer.
I cannot remember ever being asked about its use or if we have any with us when we cross into the US

Ed
I was asked about CBD and cannabis when I entered Canada in 2022. I knew the rules so my gummies had been consumed earlier.

No pot, no CBD oil, no gummies, no federally controlled drugs on my property, in my truck, or anywhere around me. I maintain a federal retired LEOSA concealed carry card and any of that would strip me of my right to carry for the rest of my life.

I don't really personally have an issue with it, I just can't chance it. And if any of you have a concealed carry card, you better read up on your state laws as to what would affect you, also. And don't put your friends in jeopardy, either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom