no power in any of the 110 outlets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simone

Total newbie  and really have no working knowledge , so hope my questions don't sound stupid
Yesterday all our outlets went as well as the microwave because it works on the 110  system .Only the lights remained on because they work /run off the battery .
We checked the fuses and my husband said they were good and he reset each one . He also checked the fuses in the converter wf-9845 and both 40 amp fuses looked good .
He also reset the gfci .switch. This was all done while talking to a mobile tech on the phone and all he was saying was that is strange .
Ugh ! Our trailer is in a seasonal park and we checked to see if it had a reset  outside  as we were told by the mechanic and it does not .
We just ordered a new wf-9845 which will arrive on friday .... where we are it cost 200 at least(transportation cost ) for a rv tech to drive out in the first place  ..so it is the same as buying  one and having my husband test it ... but I was driving thinking what if that is not the issue .
We go up again next saturday ..Does anyone have any tips on what we should check if its not the power converter  that is causing all the outlets not to work ? :( :(

Do you have power at the pedestal that you're plugged into? Is it possible that the circuit breaker on the pedestal has tripped?

If there is power at the pedestal, do you have power at the input connection to your distribution panel? If you have a transfer switch, do you have power going in and coming out?

Joel 

The WF-9845 has nothing to do with the 120v outlets, so do not understand why you would replace it. It produces 12v power for lighting and such, plus battery charging, by converting the external 120v power. If no external power, it cannot work..

You understand that you have no 120v power unless the trailer is plugged in, right? No outlets and no microwave and no roof a/c. So, assuming you were plugged in, the next test is to verify that power exists at the campsite outlet, and that the has actually reached into the trailer. A damaged shore power cord would be the simplest explanation for your problem, and it is a common one. A voltmeter is the simple way to do that - test for 120v at the load center (120v circuit breakers).

Hi our trailer is plugged in  . We are at a seasonal rv lot . and it was working .Its been working for a month when all of a sudden all of the outlets stopped working ..the lights  and radio and  sensors were all working and our rv tech was the one that said that  it would be that
we have been plugged in to the trailer parks electricity the last month with everything working
is their a link that you know of on the web that shows how to test it ?

Hi our trailer is plugged in  . We are at a seasonal rv lot . and it was working .Its been working for a month when all of a sudden all of the outlets stopped working ..the lights  and radio and  sensors were all working and our rv tech was the one that said that  it would be that
we have been plugged in to the trailer parks electricity the last month with everything working
is their a link that you know of on the web that shows how to test it ? Video ?
A little overwhelming . I would of thought the rv tech would know this much as he works at a dealership  but all he kept telling us was strange , strange , strange
He also said  that our battery would die soon because the power converter would not be charging it

Sorry about your problems,but that's pretty much what you can expect from a rv tect. from a dealership

Simone- Most RV parks and storage lots have business cards for Mobile RV Techs in their office...... and they often know which techs people are the most satisfied with.  You might check with them.  Barring that, Google up "mobile rv tech near me" and call one who states that he has a lot of experience.  They are pricey, but an experienced one will have your problem diagnosed (and probably fixed) very quickly.  He will show you what the problem was and what the fix was ..... and then perhaps you can correct things yourself if the same problem reoccurs. 

It just doesn't sound like you have the skill set  to tackle this.....especially since it involves electrical power.  Just my $.02

Good luck on the fix.............. ed s

It's still not clear if there is power at the pedestal. There might not be anything wrong with the camper at all.

the unit next to us  and the other units have power  , just us

So since I already knew that to have the power I had to be plugged in  to the camp ground which I was  , and it was running for over a month plugged in . would it still be then safe to assume that it is not the power converter  ! still . I  guess i would have to get someone to change the shore line cord  as my  husband said you need an electrician for that

HappyWanderer said:
It's still not clear if there is power at the pedestal. There might not be anything wrong with the camper at all.
Its a small family run business and I did ask them  but the seem to have no one

simone said:
Its a small family run business and I did ask them  but the seem to have no one
The trailer next to us . Both of our outlets are together . And they still have power . In fact when I looked I was impressed yesterday that placed recently a power protector on their cord as well  to the outlet
But ours are both together

Simone.

I am pretty sure that you are going to discover that the problem is fairly simple and inexpensive.

When you lose all A/C power in your RV, it is usually a single issue causing it.

It may be a bad cord, a flipped circuit breaker, or possibly still a bad connection at the outside pedestal.

Take a deep breath and relax. It will be OK..

Keep us up to date on what you find.

The only odd thing I see in your original post was that "He reset the gfci outlets"  If you don't have 110 volts at a gfci outlet you can't reset it.  They won't reset without 110 volts going to them.

You still haven't answered the question of "is there power at the pedestal receptacle"

First, check the breakers that are on the pedestal.
Then plug one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Gear-3-Wire-Receptacle-Tester-50542/206212329  into one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/PowerFit-20-Amp-120-Volt-Standard-3-Prong-Male-to-30-Amp-120-Volt-RV-Outlet-Adapter-PF921599/203209167

That will let you know there is power from the receptacle, and if it is wired correctly.

Ask you neighbor if you can plug your cord into their outlet for a few min. just so you can rule out the pedestal.

kdbgoat said:
You still haven't answered the question of "is there power at the pedestal receptacle"

First, check the breakers that are on the pedestal.
Then plug one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Power-Gear-3-Wire-Receptacle-Tester-50542/206212329  into one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/PowerFit-20-Amp-120-Volt-Standard-3-Prong-Male-to-30-Amp-120-Volt-RV-Outlet-Adapter-PF921599/203209167

That will let you know there is power from the receptacle, and if it is wired correctly.

I'm in Canada ,Thank you . I will pay home depot a visit as well  and will update everyone .Will be back at the trailer  by the end of this week

Thanks everyone . I think I have learned from your info a lot more then I knew before asking . I will be up at the trailer in a few days  ...and I will keep you up to date , with the progress , outcome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom