Norcold 982 removal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DailyDriver

I purchased one of the Amish cooling units to install on my Norcold 982.  Problem is, you have to get the frig out before that little chore can be taken care of..! 

I removed the 4 bolts in the back (two on each side), two screws under the top trim in the front, two screws under the bottom front trim, had to remove the roof vent to get to a strap Winnebago put on top to hold it steady.  After removing all these fasteners, I can lift the front about 1/8" and the rear about the same.  But, after lifting, wiggling, pushing, prying, and hammering with wooden blocks to protect the box, I can't get the frig to move forward into the coach at all.... none, zilch, nada, zero..!

So, my question for those who have experienced a frig removal in one of these beasts, how do you get them to start to move, or am I just too blind to find all the fasteners?  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

The installation manual calls for little to no clearance on the sides and top, and I believe Winnebago did an admirable job of following those instructions.  While the "wiggle room" is very slight, it's NOT non-existent so I cannot understand why it won't move unless I missed a fastener.  There's nothing holding it on the rear, nothing on the front, and there's no way I can see where a fastener could be attached to the sides or bottom.  Plus, as previously mentioned, I can actually move it up a very small amount.

Winnebago had mounted the 110v outlet so that one of the mounting screws went through a plate attached to the rear corner of the frig.  If mounted a quarter of an inch higher, or further toward the outside, it wouldn't have been a problem.  I couldn't see it from the outside, and didn't even become suspicious until I got on a ladder and stuck my head into the compartment.  I knew it would be something simple, when I ultimately found the problem, and I was right. :-[

Back
Top Bottom