Now that Flying J is disappearing, where can one get both diesel and propane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I usually fill the propane tank once a year. I do it at a campground.  Easy access, good for the owner of the campground, and always knows what he/she is doing. 

I try to use flying J easy access, but not a necessity.  Convenience, location, location, location.

Here in MT, the CENEX stations are usually pretty good.  Usually the same or lower prices that Pilot/Flying J and have propane and usually a dump station which is free with a fill up.  This is especially true here in Belgrade where the Flying J is a franchised station.  It usually has the highest prices locally.  Even the local gas stations have cheaper gas and diesel.

Many U-Hall center carry propane and have no problems filling you up.
The U-Hall web site will tell you who has it. A call ahead may be wise.

Ace Hardware also usually has it as does many farm supply centers.

Many thanks to all who have responded.  I remember when our first fill up with diesel was $1.419 per gallon in October 2003 in Indiana.  There have been many changes since then, both procedural and personal.  Time passes.  We want to continue enjoying the lifestyle, but we see little changes as nearly unsurmountable.  I think I'll need to look up U-Haul and other such providers of propane prior to setting out on a trip and not rely on diesel providers to also provide propane.  I have used some automotive fuel providers to purchase diesel.  After all, our new car uses diesel (although less than gasoline) and DEF, which only needs to be refilled every 10,000 miles (along with oil changes) so gasoline only will be required to power the lawn mower. 

Again, many thanks for the responses.

Wendell 

AA4WP, 2003 brings back good memories. Bought my Phaeton in 2003 because of it being a diesel pusher and Diesel was cheaper than gas. Diesel was $1.59 and gas was $1,79 per gallon. Times they have changed.

times have changed... and there is no reason for fuel to be that high anymore... since we are in a surplus of fuel... what we are paying now is what they call a 'world price' since we now export fuel...  :-X

Bradd1229 said:
I don't find an Android app called "all fuel".  Can you give us more specific info. Would rather us an app that someone recommends. Thanks!

Brad 1229, its on my IPhone.  Try "Alternative Fueling Stations" -- that might get it.  Don't know about Androids, though

When we were heading south towards the RGV, there was a new FJ being built between San Antonio and Corpus. On the return trip several weeks ago it was open for business and very busy.

LP sales vary by state and what the retailers insurance provider allows...hence the reason some places don't sell it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom