On the road again, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's that white stuff on our coach  ???

Arrived at the Hacienda RV Resort in Las Cruces yesterday afternoon on a beautiful day and were assigned huge sites in this nice park.

This morning I was about to turn on a Fanatastic fan as I readied for a shower and couldn't figure out why it was so dark. I opened the vent and, half asleep, I couldn't understand what this white stuff was that was coming in. Must have been ashes from a nearby fire. Looked out the window and it was snowing pretty good.

Attachments

• snow_burb_coach.jpg
    snow_burb_coach.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Vera_Chris_Doc.jpg
    Vera_Chris_Doc.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Burb_smiley.jpg
    Burb_smiley.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 69
Turn around, the sun is shining in Surprise and it's up to 50F.  And the only white stuff here is gravel :)

LOL Ned, there's nowt here in the snow to give me a repeat sinus infection. We're staying here another night, then moving on tomorrow when it's warmed up.

Cold weather activates my chronic sinusitis.

LOL Wendy,

As predicted, it's already warming up and the snow is now melting as it hits the ground. Hopefully it doesn't freeze tonight.

Should it freeze up tonight  Look and the deisel you'll save by sliding on the Livingston.

Tom,

Keep heading east. We've been having fabulous weather. Please check the white stuff at the border with TX!!

We'll try Jim. The snow quit and it turned out to be a nice afternoon yesterday. The ground and roads even dried up. Overnight temp was forecast to be 25 degrees and there's a heavy frost on the cars. We unhooked water lines last night, just in case. I just checked the temp in my service bay and it's 42, which is about what the thermostat is set for on the bay heater. We had a space heater running inside the coach, but it couldn't keep up and the furnace kept coming on periodically.

We're heading north before we head back south and east.

Several neighbors here couldn't bring their slideouts in this morning due to ice. Like us, they're waiting until it warms up.

Tom,

I remember on our first trip west we got caught in a bad ice storm in LA and TX. On one morning I observed a guy trying to de-ice his slide with hot water. I think he was only making it worse since the temps were still freezing. I vowed then that I would never put the slide out if the temps would be freezing and they predicted percipitation. Fortunately I have never run into that kind of weather again. :) Right now our temp is 77.7 at 10am. ;D

One of our neghbors tried hosing the ice off this morning, but I decided to wait. One guy tore the fabric on his awning. We left at 9.45am instead of 8.00am, so no big deal. Folks just had to be patient.

Tom:

Didn't you say you were going to Gun Barrel City?  If so, you are probably coming into the area using IH 20.  We are departing for QZ the 14th or 15th of Jan.  Will you be coming this way by then?

Ron from Big D said:
Didn't you say you were going to Gun Barrel City?

Yes Ron, we're in Odessa tonight, Aledo tomorrow, then GBC on Tuesday.

We've had a very nice mini rally at Cedar Creek Reservoir, near Gun Barrel City, TX. Our site can best described as 'premium'; We look out of the windows of the coach at the lake on 2 sides. The company is also premium - forum members Robert & Mary, Dave & Lisa.

Tomorrow it's time to break camp and try to outrun the weather front that's headed this way.

Attachments

• Camp Cedar Creek.jpg
    Camp Cedar Creek.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 46
  • Chris_Lisa_Robert_Dave.jpg
    Chris_Lisa_Robert_Dave.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 43
Tom:

You won't outrun it.  It will catch you pretty quickly.  Had you left today, you might be O.K., but once it hits here, it moves very quickly across the south east.  Good Luck.

It will probably delay our departure for Arizona as well.

Hi Ron,

We'd planned to leave this morning, but both Chris and Mary have been ill and had to see doctors. We'll be watching the weather closely tonight.

BTW we're not trying to outrun the rain, just the very cold stuff (aka ice).

Hope you can outrun it Tom. We keep moving south, trying to find a warm place. Today, we were snowed on in the a.m. in Mojave National Preserve. Now we're in 29 Palms where it's 38 degrees and where it also snowed this a.m. Supposed to snow 2" in Joshua Tree National Park or we'd be up there sucking up nature instead of in a very nice P.A. park with full hookups and the heater running.

Wendy
Where is it warm???

29 Palms, California

Will be in the low 30's here at PEM tonight. Tomato and floral plants are already covered. Might even push the thermostat up a notch or two tonight.

Back
Top Bottom