Onan Marquis 7000 - No power to coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phrog

The generator starts and runs, but does not put any A/C power into the coach. A service tech has advised that the transfer switch is OK and that no power is getting to the switch from the generator. I am definitely not knowledgeable about generators and the documentation I have doesn't help much. Does anyone have any troubleshooting procedures I can try before I take the RV in for service and spend my life savings on repairs. What I have mentions the regulator and terminal block, but doesn't show any diagrams of the parts or the pin locations they reference. Without pictures or diagrams I'm at a loss where to start. BTW, the CB's have been set and reset, and that hasn't improved anything.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Go to filghtsystems web page and down load the troubleshooting guide. My buddy and I have been trying to get one of those working as well, no luck yet. We haven't worked on it in a while though, been too cold here.

Thanks. Downloaded the info. Unfortunately, everything is packed too tightly into the compartment that I can't get access to the terminals to get the voltage checks. Found a local "mom and pop" shop about 30 miles away. Hopefully they can fix the problem without my losing my next few months pension check!

Yeah. All the CB's that I can see are fine. Changing the position of the 30 & 20 amp fuses on the side of the generator has no effect.

There's a small Buss type glass cartridge fuse in a plastic holder, usually on the front panel depending on which version of the Marquis you have. If it's there, make sure it's not blown or corroded. Check it with a  continuity tester, not just visually. Sometimes the small wire fuse element just vibrates loose inside an end cap where it can't be seen.

OK, so no issue with any of the CBs. Finally took it to a mom & pop shop because I was unable to access any of the areas where I could check any of the terminals. Too bad, turned out to be a disconnected wire going from the regulator to some kind of terminal board. Apparently the wire worked its way off the "peg" from vibration. Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the suggestions and assistance.

Back
Top Bottom