Parks within a 150 mile radius of Fort Worth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to take the first family trip in a couple of weeks.  We will leave after 3pm when the girls (6 year olds) get out of school and return on Sunday - want to keep this a short range trip due to time constraints.  When we have a little longer, already have Fredericksburg on the list, but want to stay closer to home.  Looking for a family and pet friendly park - playgorund, lake or river, clean, activities, etc.  Any recommendations?  I am doing  a ton of research online, but would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks

You didn't mention if you wanted FHU. If so, Shallow Creek RV park near Gladewater, TX. If not, one of the three Corp of Engineer CG near Coleman, TX.  Tyler State Park in Tyler, TX. Go here to check out reviews for all of them:  www.rvparkreviews.com

Thanks, would prefer full hookups.  Will check out the rvparkreviews website - I think I have visited, but they are all starting to run together....

If your a History buff try Jacksboro's Fort Richardson State Park.  Very nice and only about an hour from Ft. Worth.  Great little park, lots of Deer to see and  the old fort with a museum thats pretty cool.  Be sure and go into town(real close to park) and eat at Herds burgers, best burger in the state.  Try and get a campsite in the back of the park, they are the nicest.  The park ranger is a nice guy and we'll be happy to help in any way.  Good luck and happy camping.

Head to Glen Rose, specifically Dinosaur State Park, http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/dinosaur_valley/.  No water there but it is just a few minutes to the river and about 1/2 hour to Lake Granbury.  You also have Meridian State Park and Cleburne State Park which are less than an hour drive from Fort Worth.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.  We looked at the Dinosaur State Park, but they were booked - we will definately visit in the future.  We are headed up to Lake Texoma this weekend to the Cedar Mill Marina and Resort - found it on the rvparkreviews.com.

Thanks again

search jellystone park.  My wife made reservations at the one just west of Houston for  our first trip next week as well.  I think there was one south of DFW.  Looks pretty good with lots of activites for the kids.

Back
Top Bottom