PDI-when to walk away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Traveler said:
The horror stories posted here are why I would NEVER, EVER purchase a brand-new coach. All our purchases have been slightly used coaches. The previous owners had to deal with all the problems caused by the lack of quality control at the manufacturers.

Greg Gerber?s 8-part dissertation on the RV Death Spiral makes the case that some of these quality control problems are our own fault. As long as we consumers accept and pay for the trouble-prone crap the industry produces, they have no incentive to improve.

How do we typically react when faced with a long punch list of problems? We wait...and wait...and wait...until the dealership calls and tells us it?s all fixed...3 months later! Then, when we go to pick it up, many of the same problems are still there! And what do we do? Wait some more.

We would NEVER accept this kind of service and lack of quality in our cars. Why do we accept it in our motor homes?

Agree X10!
It's very interesting to me how we tend to make excuses for those things we really want in life. I cannot count how many times I've read "RV's are not like cars, you can't expect the same quality"
I believe therein lies the real issue. We accept the unacceptable. We think our time is worth nothing. Simply put, we allow this.
Perhaps it's time for a change?

Back
Top Bottom