Planing Yellowstone trip from the west then to Whitefish MT.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMO

I am planning a trip to Whitefish Montana from Portland Oregon in July. I was thinking of staying near Boise Idaho one night so if you can tell me a good night stop there it would be great, but mostly I am unsure of where to go in Yellowstone. We will have 36' super C and towing a car. We will have three grandchildren so a pool would be nice. Is the west side of yellowstone a good Idea for just a ffew days to visit some of the park? Where would you sugest for RV parks? Thanks in advance!

There are nice parks in West Yellowstone and also on the north side, between Livingston and Gardener.

Yellowstone's Edge just south of Livingston is quite nice, but no pool. Grizzly Park at West Yellowstone is another excellent campground, but no pool there either. I think the Yellowstone KOA in West Yellowstone has a pool, though.

We prefer Cody over West Yellowstone.  Buffalo Bill museum and the rodios make it an interesting place to visit.  Downside is it is further to the Park than from WEST Yellowstone.

Are the roads in better condition in Yellowstone from 5 years ago? We went with a friend and some were so rough, he busted a spring on his NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheel. It was so bad, we swore we would not go back again, unless the roads have improved.

We would really like to head back there this summer if it is better.

Not trying to hijack the original question, but the poster should be aware if they are still full of potholes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom