politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess I must of missed the political and religion arguments. The only thing I will add is if I had visited this forum before we purchased our RV we may not have purchased one. All the negative posts about dealers and lack of quality in RV?s may have discouraged us.

[quote author=kdbgoat]It's pretty obvious that I have violated the "Respect For Others" rule. I apologize to the Admin and moderators, the site members, and especially those I disrespected.[/quote]

??? I don't see any need to apologize. In fact, the original cut of my last message thanked you for posting, but others beat me to it.

kdbgoat said:
It's pretty obvious that I have violated the "Respect For Others" rule. I apologize to the Admin and moderators, the site members, and especially those I disrespected. I'll do my best not to disrespect anyone again. I imagine I probably violated the the other rule also at one time or another, so please accept my apologies for that too. As I said before, though I may disagree with another person about different things, I would feel honored to sit around a campfire with anyone here.
I was going to mention that it seemed odd that none of the people who are the worst offenders are coming in here and apologizing. So thank goat for proving me wrong.

I don't think I have gone down the political rabbit hole but I will be very careful not to.  If nothing else I think everybody who reads this thread will hopefully take stock in what they post and we can all pay attention to stay on topic, provide helpful information and just generally be nice to each other.  As others have said we would be honored to sit around a camp fire with anybody on this forum.

ClickHill said:
As others have said we would be honored to sit around a camp fire with anybody on this forum.
I have done that several times and it is even better than you can imagine. Except for the time at
Quartzsite when some clown sat down and delivered a two hour monologue and would not let anyone else in on the conversation. I really felt sorry for his wife.

One thing that may be being done, and I just havent noticed,  is when a post violates the rules, instead of just locking the thread with the offending post(s), remove the offending post(s) before locking it. If posters know that offending post(s) will be removed, there is less reason to post them in the first place, and there is less reason to respond to posts that violate the rules if potential posters know that offending posts will be removed.

[quote author=Paul & Ann7]One thing that may be being done, and I just havent noticed,  is when a post violates the rules, instead of just locking the thread with the offending post(s), remove the offending post(s) before locking it.[/quote]

Yes, as Sun2Retire and I mentioned, one of our actions is to move offending messages out of public view. Sometimes this happens before anyone has seen the message(s).

As Tom stated, they try to let the forum be self moderated. Could the moderators be stricter? Maybe, but I think they do a great job now. An over moderated forum is dumpster fire. And the moderators have more to their life than just monitoring the site. I could only imagine how much they already do behind the scenes.

I'm somewhat hesitant to suggest the use of the Report to moderator link, which brings our (forum staff) attention to specific messages/topics. The link is visible near the bottom right of all forum posts). We already have folks who misuse it, by 'reporting' messages they disagree with, and reporting messages that staffers will see and act on anyway.

FWIW that link alerts all forum staff which, in my case, means I get notified at each of my several staff accounts.

My suggestion would be to give the staff time to see and act on topics before clicking the link.

kdbgoat said:
... though I may disagree with another person about different things, I would feel honored to sit around a campfire with anyone here.

We have some friends-- husband & wife-- whose political views could not possibly be more opposite than ours. Plus we all have very strong feelings about our positions and are not shy about expressing them. We typically visit them when on vacation in FL once a year and the one "Golden Rule" we all follow is to never discuss politics! As a result, we all get along great and have a really nice time given there are SO many other things to talk about.

Yep. I have some very good friends that watch a certain tv channel and believe what they see there. We, on the other hand,  watch a different channel  and believe what we see there.  We do not discuss politics,  we just enjoy our camaraderie.
Thanks for starting this kdbgoat.

I always groan to myself when a thread starts going on to topics like personal protection (not the condom kind) or politics. I know it won?t be long until things get ugly. It doesn?t have to, but there are a few pollsters who seem incapable of restraining themselves. I haven?t seen many religious posts thank goodness. I am not without fault, though I usually catch myself before hitting ?post?. However I don?t see the primary offenders responding here. Too bad.

With out taking sides:
Politics: I just visited a Federal operated park, in 2 weeks I'll be in a State park
Politics: The water in Flint, was and still is killing people
Politics: I am old enough to remember Rivers of fire, and air you could not breath, Politics fixed that.
There is so much more. but the point is  ...... Politics is a matter of life and death  YOURS. you really should pay attention.

John From Detroit said:
With out taking sides:
Politics: I just visited a Federal operated park, in 2 weeks I'll be in a State park
Politics: I am old enough to remember Rivers of fire, and air you could not breath, Politics fixed that.
There is so much more. but the point is  ...... Politics is a matter of life and death  YOURS. you really should pay attention.

Just follow forum rules.  There are other venues to more appropriately air the world's issues.

John From Detroit said:
With out taking sides:
We all do pay attention, do you think you are the only one paying attention?. It is just that we also follow the rules which state no political discussions here.

Why do folks feel the need to continually jump in and stir the pot? Maybe there's a 12-step process for these folks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sieldenchannel
Back
Top Bottom