Poop pyramid troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@ButchW : I had a root problem in a drain and did want to kill the plant. I ended up pouring copper sulfate down the drain annually. Many root destroying products are available, I think most, if not all, use copper sulfate. I got a brand that was granular and would make a solution to pour and then put dry granules in at a drain to let it act as an ongoing treatment.
Now that sounds like a doable plan... Thanks, I'll look to it... My FIL used to pour household bleach down his drains on a regular basis, for this exact reason...
Butch

When we downsized from our class A that has a flush system, I bought one of those and used it before putting the trailer away after every trip. I used to use that first, then put about 1/3 tank of water in each waste tank along with a healthy shot of Pam's liquid laundry detergent. I would then dump once home (we had full connections inside the building). After 10 years of use, you could shine a light into the tank and it looked pretty much new after the last dump. The only weakness of the flush tools is that you can't use it on the gray tank. I suggest that you get a Johnny Chock as well since it makes the job so much easier.
View attachment 170866
First time I went to use the flush gadget, I realized that I needed something to hold the toilet valve open. I ended up using a large plastic drink cup with the bottom cut out to do the job. Just make sure that the cup is tapered and the diameter at the rim large enough to keep it from sliding down past the toilet valve. :unsure:

Safe travels and all the best.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom