POP! goes the computer............. sigh.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will buy a MS Office Professional package to install (2021), they are readily available for $35 or so from many different vendors, as opposed to the current retail of hundreds of $$$.
You might consider Libre Office (a spinoff of Open Office) which has most of the MS Office functions and is mostly compatible as well. And it's free for the download. You can even get the source code for free, though most folks don't care about that so much.

I've been using one or the other of them for many years and they've served me well, even with docs I get from people with the MS stuff.

When I was looking for a new desktop to go with a 4K monitor I got this one:
So far. so good. Haven't loaded Win 11 yet though.
That is a great deal. I checked the official Microsoft website and it is Win 11 compatible.

We cut the cable and went streaming and OTA in 2017. My newest laptop is our media computer which is a hard life for a PC. It lives in an antique radio cabinet and is connected to a big screen TV through HDMI. It has a 1 tb drive with an external WD 2 tb drive. I use Macrium Reflect to backup them up to an external WD 4 tb drive using bi-monthly full images, differentials, and daily incremental file backups. When camping I copy some recordings over to a flash drive to watch in the RV.

You might consider Libre Office (a spinoff of Open Office) which has most of the MS Office functions and is mostly compatible as well. And it's free for the download. You can even get the source code for free, though most folks don't care about that so much.

I've been using one or the other of them for many years and they've served me well, even with docs I get from people with the MS stuff.
I'll 2nd the Libre Office thing. It takes a little getting used to, but I'm not buying that Office 365 stuff, and when I upgraded my PC last fall I couldn't even open the old Office files I've had for years.

Back
Top Bottom