Power Gear levelers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mocotom

I have a 2004 coach with a Power Gear touch pad leveling system. It is not auto-leveling so you must lower front and rear jacks and then use the corresponding buttons to finish leveling. All jacks lower and retract as they should but with all four jacks down if you press the button intended to raise just the right side of the coach the rear jack is the only one that responds, the right front jack does nothing. When I use the left side raise button both front and rear jacks respond together and it works perfectly.  Possibly the touch pad is going bad?  Anyone who has had similar problems with this system and can give an idea where to start for the fix it would be appreciated.

Arch,
How do you go about leveling your coach when it low on the right side?  The one place I have been a couple times boondocking slopes just slightly to the right side so I have to place blocks on the right side and drivie up on them.  Like I said before, if I use the jacks to correct a right side lean only the right rear works. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

If that is the power gear system I think it is (What I have) it is really a tripod system.. Even though there are 4 jacks.

here is how it works

The two front jacks are tied together via a "T" type fitting (Actually it's done in the pump/valve body) so that if you were to extend them say half way to the ground (Try this to confirm) then break out a floor jack and put it under ONE of the two jacks and jack it back up the other one will go down as the one you are jacking goes up.. Thus the two work together to "Auto" level

Actually, there are serious advantages to this.

To level side to side,, Make sure the FRONT jacks are extended and have lifted the RV.. Then the REAR jack can be used to do side to side. the front will "Auto adjust" as described above.

NOT how my salesman said to do it by the way.

John From Detroit said:
If that is the power gear system I think it is (What I have) it is really a tripod system.. Even though there are 4 jacks.

here is how it works

The two front jacks are tied together via a "T" type fitting (Actually it's done in the pump/valve body) so that if you were to extend them say half way to the ground (Try this to confirm) then break out a floor jack and put it under ONE of the two jacks and jack it back up the other one will go down as the one you are jacking goes up.. Thus the two work together to "Auto" level

Actually, there are serious advantages to this.

To level side to side,, Make sure the FRONT jacks are extended and have lifted the RV.. Then the REAR jack can be used to do side to side. the front will "Auto adjust" as described above.

NOT how my salesman said to do it by the way.

Thanks John, think I got it now

mocotom said:
Arch,
How do you go about leveling your coach when it low on the right side?  The one place I have been a couple times boondocking slopes just slightly to the right side so I have to place blocks on the right side and drivie up on them.  Like I said before, if I use the jacks to correct a right side lean only the right rear works. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong

I think that's about the best you can do if the entire site is sloped to the right. I don't like to extend one leveler a long ways as I'm concerned about twisting the frame.

I'm not paranoid about being perfectly level and if we can walk around inside the coach without hanging on to something we are happy.

I've been in a few places where the site was bad but only stayed one night so it didn't matter. 

I do carry wooden pads but their main purpose is to put under the pads although I could drive up on them for leveling purposes if necessary.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom