Prodigy brake controller question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikemcphail

I have a Tekonsha Prodigy controller (got it in '05). My truck got totalled ('05 silverado 2500 duramax) and I replaced it with an '07 Sierra 3500 dually. Will the cable from the old truck (Tekonsha part # 3015) work in the '07 GMC? The closest info I can find says, "Adapter is wired for GM trucks and SUVs from 2003 to 2006 and 2007 classic body style trucks". I don't know if my truck is a "2007 classic body style truck".

Thanks for your help,
Mike McPhail

You got a great answer in that you can use the pigtail adaptor.  I just wanted to comment in general that most of the brake controllers including yours have just four wires.  One is the power lead that usually has an inline fuse or circuit breaker, another is the ground wire, the third is the output that usually goes to the heavy blue wire running back to your seven pin connector for the brakes, and the last wire is the input.  It usually comes from the side of the switch near the brake pedal that is hot and lights up the brake lights when the pedal is pushed.  I mention this because many of us that have coaches or non factory adaptors can use this information.  I recently wired the same controller to my Country Coach DP.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom