Progressive Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texaslime

To whoever is thinking about getting insurance from Progressive Insurance you need to run the other direction. I had a limb tear a hole in in my motorhome roof and the adjuster said they would not fix it. He stated that I would have to patch it since it did not tear a hole in the wood just the rubber membrane. He stated that this is the industry standard. The RV repair shop stated that they had never heard of such nonsense. Progressive does not back up when it is time to make that yearly payment to them but they sure back up when it's time to pay out.
Stay Away from this company

Well, they do have funny commercials...

Repair, replace, or pay money is the insurance's company's decision. It sucks that they will not do what you want them to do, which is probably the better option (replace).

Will the shop and insurance company honor a warranty on the work if the repair does leak? Did they cite policy language in their decision or is the adjuster inexperienced and doesn't know that he can authorize a replacement if he provides the correct documentation.

To whoever is thinking about getting insurance from Progressive Insurance you need to run the other direction.
All 16 of my motor vehicles are insured by Progressive. But for CA they call it "Drive Insurance" which insures my vehicles that have CA plates.

I ended up with Progressive through USAA somehow.

Most of my Vehicles have NV plates and they are all with Progressive.

Hopefully, I never have to file any claims with them.

-Don- Reno, NV

To whoever is thinking about getting insurance from Progressive Insurance you need to run the other direction. I had a limb tear a hole in in my motorhome roof and the adjuster said they would not fix it. He stated that I would have to patch it since it did not tear a hole in the wood just the rubber membrane. He stated that this is the industry standard. The RV repair shop stated that they had never heard of such nonsense. Progressive does not back up when it is time to make that yearly payment to them but they sure back up when it's time to pay out.
Stay Away from this company

Progressive covered the OTHER motorist that hit me in a parking lot, and they were not easy to work with. Flo Don't Know

A year ago my Miata was t-boned at low speed. No injuries. Progressive said "Have it towed to the shop you want to fix it." I chose the same place that handles Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Jaguar, Aston-Martin, and Mercedes body work. Needed a new driver's door, rear outer and inner quarter panel and a new tire. Three-stage paint. They did a superb job of course, and Progressive didn't blink an eye at the $10,000 repair bill. They subrogated the offending driver's insurer.

Last week Progressive replaced the windshield due to a rock strike. This also requires replacing the exterior panels surrounding the windshield frame. Total bill over $1,200. Zero deductible. No hassles. Prompt service.

Never had a problem with Progressive. We have policies covering 4 cars, a boat, travel trailer and house thru them for 15 years. I shop around every couple of years for better rates. If I find a lower rate, they've met the competition. The repairs authorized for two accidents were fair and and they cut checks quickly. I know that they have different operating units in different states and states have different regulations on what insurance companies can and must do... . I live in NY. Maybe the NY unit is better than others.

My previous coach was parked at my home when a tree branch fell on it and poked a hole in the rubber roof. Progressive had no problem replacing the entire roof membrane and also repairing the damage to the ceiling on the inside of the coach. The next year they replaced both the roof a/c and the fridge when my shop was struck by lightning while the coach was plugged in to the electricity.

I had a tree jump in front of me and cause some corner damage on my trailer far from home. The Progressive agent came right to the campground looked at the damage and gave me a printout of all the parts and labor required and printed out a check to me for over $3,000. I taped up the damaged area and when I got home over 2 months later I put the trailer in a shop and notified Progressive. The shops labor rate was higher than the other state and Progressive gave the shop a check for the difference. Progressive had a field agent who checked on the job and gave me updates..."Parts ordered, trailer moved into shop, damage removed job in-work, repair to be completed today and you need to give then a check for your $100 deductible when you pick the trailer up. I couldn't be happier with Progressive!

I have progressive and a few years ago someone working for a neighbor hit my Jeep with an uninsured rental tractor. They offerred to pay for repairs but instead decided to play games with me so I called progressive and filed a claim. They cut me a check right away and went after the person who signed for the rented the tractor. They recovered everything including my deductible. The repair, including a new fender, cost me about $600 less than the estimate and when I told progressive they said "don't worry about it".

Without having seen the extent of the damage, I'll agree with the adjuster. A simple tear in the roof membrane is easily repairable and tearing off the entire roof to replace it is simply not justified. A patch (probably just sealing with roof lap sealant) is completely viable and repair would be the common practice in the Rv industry. Total replacement might be warranted if the rig was within a few months of being new, but not otherwise.

We have not had any RV claims with Progressive (knocking on wood) but they were very responsive, helpful in getting my wife's car repaired after an encounter with a deer last year.

Woo Hoo. Just renewed my Progressive Policy for the Year on My Class C today. I have it insured at 90K Replacement value according to the Policy. Total Pocket book Damage for the year. $439. I think if I made payments it was $499. Bottom Line My insurance dropped in cost this year.

For those trying to get into the "RV Drain your Pocket Book Game" look at the costs of (Cs vs As).. Huge Difference in Insurance Annual Costs. I remember looking at some Class A- ex Tiffin 34PA was going to Run me $1900 Per year _vs_ $500 range for the Class C on my 2017 Aspect 30J.

I am not full time which I am sure would drive up the costs significantly.

I am a Progressive Member thru USAA. USAA and Progressive are in Cahoots together as USAA does not Write Policies in Texas.

JD

Never heard the song. If you are wondering if the accident was caused by drinking I can assure you it was not. Both my parents are long dead due to being alcoholics. I cannot stand the taste of liquor. I would prefer to drink urine over alcohol.

Had a claim last year when I clipped the front bumper of a parked car. Progressive was easy to work with and I got feedback from the young lady that owned the car I damaged and she said Progressive handled her claim nicely.

Without having seen the extent of the damage, I'll agree with the adjuster. A simple tear in the roof membrane is easily repairable and tearing off the entire roof to replace it is simply not justified. A patch (probably just sealing with roof lap sealant) is completely viable and repair would be the common practice in the Rv industry. Total replacement might be warranted if the rig was within a few months of being new, but not otherwise.

I have to agree with Gary. Let's see what your damage looks like. Expecting a new roof for a small damaged area is not realistic and not a negative for Progressive, but maybe you. So, let's see it. Of course, the repair shop would like to replace the roof. A big-ticket repair for them. Chuck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhoehn02
Back
Top Bottom