Quartzsite 2009 Forum Rally Sign Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy,
  They did.  With snow on the driveway.  And M-52 ice and snow covered.  They left, cause more bad weather was coming.  They did 520 miles to the Benton KOA, safely.  They will probably hang out somewhere for a few days when they hit I-10. They have new axles, tires, and brakes.

We haven't seen them since we departed in Monument Valley last April.  Can't wait.

Barb

We have a little bit of firewood (not much) we're bringing.

Does the Texaco at exit 5 have propane? Where's the easiest place to get propane?

We should be there tomorrow (Friday) afternoon.

Wendy

Arrival for the Daugherty's will now be Saturday...got sidetracked in Lake Havasu.

Neither Flying J or Texaco had prices posted on their boards when we drove through last Sunday.  Both Pilot and Love's in Quartzsite today is posting $2.25 for diesel.  We paid $2.23 for diesel at Love's in Coachella.  

Sue

Wendy,

I have too much time on my hands today...googled and found out the following:  Texaco only does tank exchanges.  Flying J does propane. Price is $2.699 (Flying J). 

Sue

Bob Buchanan said:
I arrived at the rally site this afternoon. A very windy drive across the 138 and down to the 10 from Lancaster.

Filled my propane tank at The Pit Stop for 2.29 vs. 3.50 in NCal. Unleaded gas here is 1.79 today.

Please note on my sign up page I am now adding ARRIVED after each attendees name when their rig gets parked. To print the list highlight first then click the Selection option from your print dialog box.

It is nice to be in the desert again - where the
"weather suits my soul". Looking forward to my first long walk in the AM.

I guess we can assume the knees are doing well and you are up to some good walks.  If Shirley and I were going to be there, we could do them together.  Give our best to everyone.  Your weather sure is beating ours right now.  It is 39 degrees in Dallas right now and will be colder tomorrow.  Hopefully, next week will be back to normal.

Marsha/CA said:
I can't recall if this has been discussed; but do those coming to QZ need to bring some firewood with us.

YES. please bring firwood. Currently we have zero firewood. I will drive around this afternoon to find good wood at a good price here in QZ..

Wendy. I paid 2.29 for propane at the Pitstop North of Main on 95. Easy in and out. There is another similar place South of 95 on Main near the QZ bakery.

Bob Buchanan said:
YES. please bring firwood. Currently we have zero firewood. I will drive around this afternoon to find good wood at a good price here in QZ..

I will stop and see if I can get firewood like in years past. The wood yard where I got it has changed hands so I don't know if they still have their scrap pile.

Ron from Big D said:
I guess we can assume the knees are doing well and you are up to some good walks.  If Shirley and I were going to be there, we could do them together.  Give our best to everyone.  Your weather sure is beating ours right now.  It is 39 degrees in Dallas right now and will be colder tomorrow.  Hopefully, next week will be back to normal.

Gee Ron here at Sam's Camp we are enjoying 42F and rising not to mention the forecast for the next 4 days is for it to be in the mid 50/s. :D

I know all that attend the QZ rally will enjoy. Have fun everyone.

Barb

>>Does anyone know the current diesel price at the Texaco off exit 5 on I-1<<

It usually mirrors the Flying J in Ehrenburg... I always fill up at the texaco because I can't stand the crowds at the flying J.

We plan to leave Pueblo El Mirage in full Raven colors Friday morning 1/16) at daybreak.  See you at the camofire Friday evening!

Excellent job of directions at your web site Senor Buchanan.

WHAT IS PRICE OF FIREWOOD IN QZ?

It is $4.60 at Sprouts on Bell rd. Plan to pick up a few bundles tomorrow and arrive Sat.

If you are coming to QZ from the east on I-10, there is a Zip truck stop at X45, north side of highway. Very easy access, in and out. $2.129 for diesel at the RV pumps with credit card, $2.29 + tax for propane with credit card. There is no credit card surcharges.

WOW.. I expected it to be lower than Santa Clarita where the Mobil and Chevron right off the I-14 is $2.07 yesterday. How things change..

I went over tonight to see who might still be at the fire.  Just Larry, but he directed me to Helen and then I found Terry & Betty, and Fred & Daisy.  Had a wonderful conversation with them. 

Wow, got there just at dark, tried to duplicate my trip in from the other day.  I was close.  I was on my motorcyle.  Not a dirt bike, a big cruiser, but, 2 wheeling is 2 wheeling, so after going thru a couple washes found my way there via Terry's blue beacon,  great fun. 

Hope to get out in daylight one of these days before everyone scoots away.

I found firewood on East Kuehn, right side going East past Rice Ranch that had the best quality, size of package and price. The packages all seemed to have  10 pieces.  Grocery store prices are around 5.50 for packages half the size.

The price of these are 6.00 if you buy 3 packs and 6.50 for one or two packs. If you buy ten packs he gives the 11th pack free.  A German fellow, Ed, is the vendor. Tell him Bob sent you and he may give even a better deal.

Fred Thomas and I bought 11 packs together yesterday. If four go together at 15 a piece that would give us plenty of wood.

Larry Greathouse has a chain saw on board so most anything else that someone may bring such as pallettes he can reduce in size.

We "did" have a fine campfire last night under a clear  AZ desert sky.  13 rigs have arrived so far of the 38 expected.

Thank you again for whatever wood you can bring . . .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back
Top Bottom