Questions for newbie! (ME)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkklett

1. My rig did not have the awning on it when we bought it. I was aware of this, but I am a DYI'er and was going to order one to install myself. The arm placement is 14' 7" apart. Would this be considered a 14' or 15' awning?

2. Where would be the best place to purchase keyed alike locks for the compartments. I have a total of 13 key for my rig. I bought a labeler to label each one with a code, however it would be nice to be able to use 1 key or a few keys.

3. Can I update my windshield wipers to use replacements I can get at an auto place. My rig has a Chevy chassis but the arms are not like car or truck ones. They bold the wiper on the arm?

Last one!  ::) (for now)
4. Has anyone use a laminated wood floor in there rig. Can I use a floating floor? OR does it need to be gluded?

Thanks All!
Brian

I am sure you will get lots of answers to your questions.  Here's my best shot:
1.  14' - the awning must fit between the arms.
2.  What brand is your rig and what kind of locks are you looking to replace?  Outside compartments on campers use the same keys in many cases - my former Citation travel trailer, Gulfstream park model, and Fleetwood class C all use the same keys!  I would suspect just about any RV dealer or supply shop could help.
3.  Yes.  Do a search on windshield wipers as I recall a thread within the past few weeks.
4.  Do a search on replacing the floor...there have been a ton of threads on this topic.

Re Locks: A lock smith may be able to help you there. Most cities will have one and for the lock smith it will be kind of an interesting "House Calll" (Normally the locksmith calls on the house, in this case the house comes calling on the locksmith)

They can either replace them, or depending on the model of lock they can advise you what they have the fits or they can re-key if the locks all take the same blank

True story:

I lost the key to the water door on my rig it seems.. However I purchases a "Utility access" door I cut into the other side of the rig for some electrical stuff.

Same key

We just recently bought our rig and the seller had recently replaced the flooring with a floating-type wood laimnate.  I can't find any reason to complain about it - seems to work just fine.

Thanks All!
My rig is a overland 524s motorhome. I was hoping that I could get all the locks done to only have 1 key. I also thought about a locksmith, but I was hoping I could buy them keyed alike.  I have 10 locks to get recored, that just adds up. My old locks need replaced one twisted off when I turned it with the key.  ;D
Thanks again!
Brian

Dave is going to help me post pictures I took to large of a picture. But once they are on- here is my rig.
Brian

Ooops - I put them on another thread.  Okay - I'll put them here too:

Attachments

• 100_5223w.jpg
    100_5223w.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_5224w.jpg
    100_5224w.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_5225w.jpg
    100_5225w.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 25
You should be able to buy new locks cheaply, depending on just what you know have. Here is one source with a lot of types:
http://www.tweetys.com/locksandlatches.aspx

Back
Top Bottom