Quit smoking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update:
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still at a half pack a week.  Although, there have been days when I keep myself busy enough to not light up even one for a whole day.  Along with a consious effort to find myself something else to do when the urge strikes.

I'm still working at it. 

I was wondering how you were doing, Mark, and it sounds like you're coming right along.  Keep up the good work!  Soon, you won't even have to think about it anymore.  Well ... maybe not soon ... but sooner or later.  ;D

Margi

Awesome Mark.  Try now to set the goal for maybe a quarter pack a week.  What is that, maybe a smoke or two a day?  I know it's hard, but remember we're with you.  Keep up the good work!

Haven't forgot the thread.  Just alot going on.  Still about the same with a half pack a week.  A consious effort to say the least!  Up to a half pack a nite with driving through bad weather the past few weeks.  It's hard.  I'm still plugging away at it.

Going on 10 months for me.  Keep trying and one of these days in the near future it will happen.  It's harder for some than others but all of us can do it.

Robin

Keep after it. And don't beat yourself. No smoking is preferred but even half a pack a day is better than 2 packs a day. And keep thinking about that day when you can say you quit a year ago.

Wendy

Yee-haa!!! One year today since I quit and started this thread!  For anyone wondering.... (maybe not) It did cost me some weight, all n' all I'm happy, even with the 25Ibs extra I'm carrying today.  Working on that now, quite a challenge!  Also for those that may be wondering (maybe not) I have been very lucky over the months with dealing with any 'urges', however must share this.... After months without any urges, about a week or two ago, I was having coffee, just sitting in the kitchen on a Sunday morning.... It came on me like a ton of bricks!  Have no idea what set it off, just came up.  Kind of mumbled about it for a minute or two, then went back to normal.  Very strange!

Good luck to all others quitting.

jje1960 said:
Yee-haa!!! One year today since I quit and started this thread!  For anyone wondering.... (maybe not) It did cost me some weight, all n' all I'm happy, even with the 25Ibs extra I'm carrying today.  Working on that now, quite a challenge!  Also for those that may be wondering (maybe not) I have been very lucky over the months with dealing with any 'urges', however must share this.... After months without any urges, about a week or two ago, I was having coffee, just sitting in the kitchen on a Sunday morning.... It came on me like a ton of bricks!  Have no idea what set it off, just came up.  Kind of mumbled about it for a minute or two, then went back to normal.  Very strange!

Congrats!  FWIW - It took me well over a year before I quit reaching for my shirt pocket, especially when I encountered one of those times I would have typically lit one up - coffee breaks were about the worst.  However, it was not so much an urge as it was a unconscious habit, much easier to deflect.

Very good, Jim!  That's a wonderful accomplishment.  Someday you won't even be able to remember how many years it's been!  ;)

ArdraF

jje1960 said:

Happy New Smoke free year!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom