Random acts of kindness.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dragginourbedaround said:
I like Johnny Walker Blue if I can find it on sale or if given as a gift. Otherwise I buy JW Red or Black. Costco any good?

I like the Costco brand. It?s Kirkland. When we were in Scotland I tried several upscale brands that cost close to $100 here and really I like Kirkland just as well. We took a cruise last month and I drank JW Black only because it was the same price as their call brand. I?m not a scotch snob so am happy as long as I have a bottle handy.

Firstly can I just point out that here in Scotland it is called Whisky,  never, ever, ever Scotch!

Now that we have that straight, I believe that this supermarket chain is coming to America...

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a26548034/lidl-whisky-worlds-best-scotch/

jackiemac said:
Firstly can I just point out that here in Scotland it is called Whisky,  never, ever, ever Scotch!

Now that we have that straight, I believe that this supermarket chain is coming to America...

https://www.esquire.com/food-drink/a26548034/lidl-whisky-worlds-best-scotch/

We have Aldi?s in Dover, DE and we are supposed to be getting a Lidl?s. Unfortunately in Delaware only liquor stores are allowed to sell beer, wine and ?whiskey?.  Nothing better than being spanked by Jackie on a lazy Thursday afternoon. However, if you order a whiskey in the States you will be asked if you want bourbon, corn, malt, rye, rye malt, wheat, blended, light, spirit, Canadian, Irish, Scotch, Japanese, German, Swedish, Finish, it?s all called whiskey here.  8)

These types of happenings certainly to help one's view of humankind.  We see this a lot at Tim Hortons where the person in the drive through lineup behind someone will offer to pay the bill. 

Oldgator73 said:
We have Aldi?s in Dover, DE and we are supposed to be getting a Lidl?s. Unfortunately in Delaware only liquor stores are allowed to sell beer, wine and ?whiskey?.  Nothing better than being spanked by Jackie on a lazy Thursday afternoon. However, if you order a whiskey in the States you will be asked if you want bourbon, corn, malt, rye, rye malt, wheat, blended, light, spirit, Canadian, Irish, Scotch, Japanese, German, Swedish, Finish, it?s all called whiskey here.  8)
Well that's fine except it's Scottish not Scotch. Well maybe other Scots call it that but I've never heard it...

jackiemac said:
Well that's fine except it's Scottish not Scotch. Well maybe other Scots call it that but I've never heard it...

Jackie, we're certainly not in a position to say what you call a particular type of whiskey over there, but the term Scotch Whiskey has been common over here since long before I was born. I found this U.K. website which uses the term, and this website which uses both Scottish and Scotch, and this Scotch Whiskey Association site which, obviously, uses the term Scotch.

But above all, I think we can all agree that, whatever name it's given (a rose is a...) it's still whiskey.

I am going to defer to Jackie only because if I ever meet up with her I will expect a few drams of the whiskey. You will recognize me Jackie as I will be the guy being led on a leash by Mrs Gator.

jackiemac said:

so....it should be called Scottish Tape ...instead of Scotch Tape  ?  ;D

Larry N. said:
Jackie, we're certainly not in a position to say what you call a particular type of whiskey over there, but the term Scotch Whiskey has been common over here since long before I was born. I found this U.K. website which uses the term, and this website which uses both Scottish and Scotch, and this Scotch Whiskey Association site which, obviously, uses the term Scotch.

But above all, I think we can all agree that, whatever name it's given (a rose is a...) it's still whiskey.
Well you live and learn, thanks Larry. I have never heard another Scot refer to it as that. What's even funnier is that Steve's 2 man company was a member of this and he refers to it as the Scottish Whisky Society ?

As you were.....

Oldgator73 said:
Or Hop Scottish?  :D
(
sightseers said:
so....it should be called Scottish Tape ...instead of Scotch Tape  ?  ;D
Oldgator73 said:
I am going to defer to Jackie only because if I ever meet up with her I will expect a few drams of the whiskey. You will recognize me Jackie as I will be the guy being led on a leash by Mrs Gator.
You guys are so funny  ??

Oldgator73 said:
However, if you order a whiskey in the States you will be asked if you want bourbon, corn, malt, rye, rye malt, wheat, blended, light, spirit, Canadian, Irish, Scotch, Japanese, German, Swedish, Finish, it?s all called whiskey here.  8)

Which is why I drink beer.

jackiemac said:
In Bolivia order whiskey and you will get scotch. We've tried Costco and Sam's Club brand wine and found they taste a lot like the higher priced brands.

Oldgator73 said:
Dark, amber, blonde, light, ultra light, draft, can, bottle, pint, schooner, domestic, imported, craft, Pilsner, IPA, etc.  8)

Light beer is like sugar free candy......why bother.  :-\

Roy M said:
X2 Don't give me watered down beer. Or decaf coffee

Decaf coffee  .....Why ! ......and then all diluted down with cream and sugar.

is it because all the big boys are drinking coffee.. ;D ;D

Black coffee, cold beer, or a bottle of Jack or Jim is good with me....(and for fun, throw in some good music and a little hippy cabbage  ;) )

sightseers said:
Light beer is like sugar free candy......why bother.  :-\

I didn?t say I like light beer. It?s just a kind listed. If I buy beer for the home I buy Gennesee Cream Ale. In my opinion, cheap and good. I do like Blue Moon, Guinness, Modello Amber, Stella, most any stout including coffee and chocolate. There is a really good Belgium beer called Kriek (sp). We like the cherry one. Had it in Bruges. I came to enjoy British ales when we lived there. I also like the Japanese beers. There are so many craft beers to choose from in the States now. Problem is they are kind of pricey.

Oldgator73 said:

You forgot to mention Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky...Which is where some of the finest Whisky's come from...Anything batch that fails the quality testing gets dumped in the river so that Tennessee can bottle it as Jack Daniels. ;D ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom