Re: Importing an RV into the UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About time too !!

It really wasn't on that you were all out there enjoying yourselves whilst Im here in the cold and rain.

I was going to start a new thread the other day to get a list of all the Brits currently touring the US - there must be a few out there at the moment.

Paul

BTW Andy, when you head down the Gower, don't take this road over the hill from the Mumbles. Might be a bit tight.

Attachments

• Mumbles.JPG
    Mumbles.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 48
Ron,

I saw many reminders of the villages of Wales when I visited areas of Japan outside the large cities.

While we have never had the pleasure of visiting Wales your photo sure reminded me of our street Higashi Matsubara.  I bet you seen many similar streets in Japan.  They have a lot of them.

I had to look twice at the photo as it reminded me very much of the road into Little Haven, a place my parents went for there summer holidays, and they took us when we were kids, and where we now take our kids. 8)

We used to stay at a cottage almost at the base of a hill like the one in the photo. It was at a juntion will the coastal road and they joined at a really wicked hairpin bend. We spent many hours watching people trying to reverse back up the hill after getting the corner wrong (the smell of burning clutches in the summer air).

It reminds me of a holiday which my parents thought was a disaster, and yet I remember it fondly as a holliday with loads of adventures Things went wrong and we had fun fixing them. ::)

Err, Karl, the double yellow lines mean no parking  ;)

Aye Andy, lots of narrow lanes on hillsides like that throughout the UK. That one was the road from Bracelet Bay over to the Mumbles Road. You can see a small piece of Swansea Bay (with the tide out) in the distance. Had a nice walk with our friend that morning, starting from her place in Norton, down to The Mumbles, around the shoreline to Bracelet Bay, and over the top, eventually past Oystermouth castle. Not as magnificent as Cardiff Castle (Castell Caerdydd) of course.

They'd be small bikes with very skinny people riding them  ;D

As long as they don't use their arms to signal turns they should be ok :)

Paul

it's a good idea to find out how many of us Brits (er, and Swiss - my wife is from Geneva and she saw me typing this) are touring North America in our RVs.  We left our coach in Coburg, Oregon yesterday and fly out from Seattle to LHR tonight.  Missing it already, but we'll be back end of June to spend three months in Western Canada. 

Terry

Nathan said:
Paul

it's a good idea to find out how many of us Brits (er, and Swiss - my wife is from Geneva and she saw me typing this) are touring North America in our RVs.  We left our coach in Coburg, Oregon yesterday and fly out from Seattle to LHR tonight.  Missing it already, but we'll be back end of June to spend three months in Western Canada. 

Terry

Just relax when you come back across the border into the US ;D ;D ;D  Don't want you to stay away from us fro another 3 years.

Quick update:-

Our RV should have arrived last Saturday, but I have just heard that it was transfered to another vessel and wont be here until Thursday  :(

On the bright side I've just passed my heavy goods vehicle license test ( needed in the UK to drive vehicles over 7.5 tonnes) So at least when it does arrive I will be allowed to drive it  ;D

The weekend can't come soon enough  8)

Andy

Congratulations on passing the HGV test Andy. Hopefully the second ship will come in on time and with all its cargo.

FWIW one reason I don't like traveling in the ocean at night is because ships occasionally lose containers overboard. They're like an iceberg (mostly below the surface) and can't be seen on radar. The shipping industry was talking some years ago about going to a water-soluble seal, so lost containers would eventually fill up with water and sink to the bottom :eek: 

Your coach is insured, right  ???  No worries then.

Back
Top Bottom