replacement camp chair bag....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbro507

Newby here.. sorry if this is in the wrong area but I don't see a camping gear board..

anyone know where to buy a replacement folding camp chair bag? I got 4 chairs in great shape and 4 bags that are totally shot. I'd hate to buy new chairs.

to be clear, I'm talking about a chair like this: http://goo.gl/YE6d1x

Google seems to think I know how to sew..  8)

or - does anyone know a snazzy trick to carry folded chairs?

Thanks!

Wow John... that's a first. In the past few years I've thrown away half a dozen chair bags for just that type of chair. I've never had a chair outlast the bag it came it. :) If I hadn't thrown 'em out, I'd have sent them to you.

Kev

Have never found such a bag but I have an idea...

Visit any fabric store and get some Blue Jean material (Denim I think it's spelled) Get a few yards,

Hopefully the fabric will be widere (By a few inches) than the folded char is long, else we do this different, 

Assumign teh first.. Wrap the fabric around the chair with at least 3 inches of overlap and cut.

On one end fold a 1: fold and do a "Hem" type stick leaving a tube you can shove a nylon rope thrhough (you will need to run a fish lien, straightened out coat hanger should do, to pull the rope through)

now fold it so the inside is out and stick along the other 3 sides,  (You can hem like the top (Rope end) 4 inches and start stiching from there down and across the bottom, double stich.

Now turn it inside out.. instant chair bag

I am so envious of anyone who can sit on a $7.50 chair without it collapsing within 30 seconds... .

Just realized that this question is far under my level of expertise. ::)

Buy a new chair here:  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Folding-Chair-Blue/35491691 
If it only last one year, so what. Buy another one.

Buy the $7.49 chair, throw it away and keep the bag. You aren't going to find a bag, or get one made, for less than that.

Like Kevin, I thought everybody threw away those bags.  :)

ditto on throwing them out!
I've always felt it too much hassle to get them back in.....

But maybe this is the secret to having one of those kind of chairs last????

If I were to ever have to carry one any distance, I think I would lash them to a backpack, or as Happywanderer suggested, a piece of webbing looped around as a shoulder strap.

I found two on the side of the road in front of our house. Don't quite know what to do with them,but I'm reluctant to throw them away.

Thanks all! Looks like I stirred up a funny debate..

I think like the duffel bag idea best, but I'm going to try the duct tape route 1st.

Our chairs are seeing a lot of use for kids soccer games.. so, lots of carrying back and fourth from field to truck.

Thanks gang!

I know this is extremely delayed, but there is a place you can buy them online. www.thecampchairbag.com
They come in a few colors and are only $5 each (including free shipping!)

jemfla said:
I know this is extremely delayed, but there is a place you can buy them online. www.thecampchairbag.com
They come in a few colors and are only $5 each (including free shipping!)

That worked for me.  Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom